Awoo.

Wanting to start a fan made comic- Sonic: Within the Cyberverse

Sonicfan787

I wanted to get some opinions on a comic idea I have. I have always wanted to work on a fan project for some kind of Sonic related things... and I got it! (Sonic: Within the Cyberverse) I really wanted to make some kind of "spider verse" crossed with Sonic like thing, and I thought, "That's it! Sonic goes to a digital universe with Silver and Shadow!" I'll give the summary below, but let me know your honest opinion. Would you read this?

P.S If I do decide to do this, I will be trying to release a chapter every 1-2 weeks. Trying to do this after work during my spare time.

SUMMARY:

Sonic, Shadow, and Silver embark on a new adventure after being warped into the Cyberverse! The trio must fight their way through Metal Sonic's (Meta Virus), which contains worlds and eventually decays them, to save Green Hill and their friends! Will they find the true culprit that digitalized Metal though, or will the true enemy, Negative, captivate all worlds and convert them to dark energy?

Characters:

-Sonic (Introduced in pt.1)

-Shadow (Introduced in pt.1)

-Silver (Introduced in pt.1)

-Void (Introduced in pt.1)

-Negative (Mentioned in pt.1, introduced in pt.5)

-Meta Sonic (Mentioned in pt.1, Introduced in pt.2)

-Unknown Character (Read till' the end to find out who joins the fight!)

Toonita_20240312204228.jpg

• Nice Smile 1

I feel nothing. This premise has potential for greatness, horribleness or just plan in the middle.

I have written down over 100 loose ideas that I think are pretty good. But until I do anything with them, they are nothing but words in my head.

Want results? Write it. Succeed. Or fail. Either way learn from it and move forward.

(With that said, if it's gonna be a comic I assume you can draw, so maybe do something better than negative of Shadow. That won't win you any awards for creativity, especially in this fandom. No one likes Eggman Nega.)

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I feel nothing. This premise has potential for greatness, horribleness or just plan in the middle.

I have written down over 100 loose ideas that I think are pretty good. But until I do anything with them, they are nothing but words in my head.

Want results? Write it. Succeed. Or fail. Either way learn from it and move forward.

(With that said, if it's gonna be a comic I assume you can draw, so maybe do something better than negative of Shadow. That won't win you any awards for creativity, especially in this fandom. No one likes Eggman Nega.)

Ok, so I'm not quite drawing it, rather using renders and using a filter to make them look drawn. As much as I would love to draw them, I just can't make the time right now. So even if this is a rough draft-like thing of what I might do in the future, I want to get down as much as I can so that it's easier for me later in time. I am pulling royalty free backdrops from the Internet as well. I know it might seem like the "easy way out", but I really would draw it if I had the time

Also my goal with Negative is that he was a part of Mempiles that got transferred into the Cyberverse when eggman was experimenting on him before he died. That was my idea, so I thought, "why not make a negative colored shadow, the blue would match the environment." 

Personally, I'm not up for another story where we have Sonic YET AGAIN trying to save his friends! Between Frontiers, Prime and Dream Team, I'm sick to death of it TBH!

Don't let that discourage you though. I'm sure it'll be good, It's just not something that appeals to me!

Edited by MGA_Gamer

1 minute ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Personally, I'm not up for another story where we have Sonic YET AGAIN trying to save his friends! Between Frontiers, Prime and Dream Team, I'm sick to death of it TBH!

Don't let that discourage you though. I'm sure it'll be good, It's just not something that appeals to me!

Got it. I'll take note of that

19 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Let me know what you think about this then. Sonic's friends are fine, rather Sonic is trying to save other universes falling apart and trying to take them to Green Hill as a safe haven until he defeats negative. Sonic also has to rely on Shadow and Silver for aid during his battles with Metal. Let me know what you would change. My goal is to try and contribute as many people's ideas as possible to get something everyone can enjoy 

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in characters from Archie appearing like Scourge. Finding renders for characters like that can be difficult, but I think I could find enough to piece it together depending on which characters I introduce. Since multiple universes were transported to the Cyberverse, I was thinking Archie could be one of them. I am trying to add a main villain to encounter and fight each hedgehog, so who would you recommend as Silvers alt?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you use someone other than Metal Sonic? I am not really sure what this has to do with his character. Metal Sonic is a character very focused on beating Sonic, on proving (to himself) that he is not merely some derivative, not wanting to accept reality that he is.

This has little to do with that, and I don’t think he would really care about it for that reason.

Unless the person having him do this somehow convinces him it will somehow contribute to him getting the power/opportunity to do that.

Shadow is not the type of character that would just hang around Sonic for no reason. So please bare in mind that a reason must be in place for him to find out about this on his own or to come into contact with Sonic and find out then.

14 hours ago, Technically Inept said:

Can you use someone other than Metal Sonic? I am not really sure what this has to do with his character. Metal Sonic is a character very focused on beating Sonic, on proving (to himself) that he is not merely some derivative, not wanting to accept reality that he is.

This has little to do with that, and I don’t think he would really care about it for that reason.

Unless the person having him do this somehow convinces him it will somehow contribute to him getting the power/opportunity to do that.

Shadow is not the type of character that would just hang around Sonic for no reason. So please bare in mind that a reason must be in place for him to find out about this on his own or to come into contact with Sonic and find out then.

Sure thing! Thanks for the feedback. Also, Metal's goal is to consume all of the energy from the other worlds to gain his restored form back so that he can finally take Sonic down. So in the end, Sonic has an "alternate", Shadow has an alternate, Negative, and I am planning on finding one for Silver too. 

• Thumbs Up 1