Awoo.

Which unfinished/discontinued sub-series of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise would you have loved to see continued or finished?

Shiny Gems

I forgot to say what I wanted.

I would have loved to see a Sonic Chronicles sequel, or a new Storybook game or a third Sonic 4 Episode, especially the latter two. I would have loved to at least see how the Sonic 4 sub-series would have ended.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, obviously, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing the Storybook series get a finisher at least. Sonic 4, Episode III, I guess I would like, too, if it happened.

A Sonic Chronicles sequel was something I wanted a long time ago, but legal issues...yeah, I think we'll get a third Sonic Storybook game before we get a Sonic Chronicles sequel. Considering how unlikely that is, I think that speaks for itself.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:54 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

I never got the hype between Satam cliffhanger. Story finished. Robotnik lost, Sonic and Sally kissed, kindgom is saved. It's 99% concluded.

I mean, Snively himself isn't very imposing. There was episode where he tried on his own and he wasn't that competent. So people were just losing minds over glowy eyes, which can be almost anything. I'm thinking of Avatar Last Airbender, Gravity Falls, She-Ra, any great show with a strong ending, and I don't see how a "spooky red eyes in the shadow" cliffhanger would make it better.

IDK, maybe it's something you must grow up with.

(Replying late, I know...)

It probably is a nostalgia THING. Seeing the finale as a kid, being wowed by them beating Robotnik... and then Sniveley emerging from the shadows, promising to be continue where Robotnik left off, and those mysterious red eyes.

And then... nothing. Granted, there's been better Sonic material since then and Archie sorta answered what was going to happen next, but it wasn't quite the same (not to mention Penders making the claim that he had Ben Hurst's blessings when he didn't... not to mention Penders intentionally sabotaging Hurst when he was going to pitch a SatAM movie, though the amount of time that passed since the finale probably meant it was doomed anyways... well, that went on loner than planned.) I guess some of us who grew up with SatAM still feel the sting of being left hanging.

• Thumbs Up 1