Awoo.

Would you like to see mobile versions of (Classic and Modern) Sonic games with different content from the console version?

Shiny Gems

To better explain what I am on about, let me first use a Sonic fan game as an example.

This is Sonic XG. It is a fan game that was being developed for a long time, and it was cancelled at some point. Within the previous year, however, it was finally released in full form, apparently, if with some faults. Now, there is a person online known as TaiKy, who is apparently developing a mobile version of this fan game, if with some bonus levels, as you can see here...

19130191-umejjmdh-v4.webp

Though as you can see, some of these levels appear in the PC version of the fan game as shown in the video I posted above, but not all of them are in the game's PC version.

Now, with all that said, let us go back to the infamous OFFICIAL (if non-canon) Sonic game, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. The mobile version of that game had two levels that were not in the console version of the game. This is one of them.

We saw something like this in the infamous beta of Sonic 4: Episode 1, and this turned out to be one of two mobile exclusive levels in the game after the game was delayed (if I recall correctly) after the complaints from seeing the beta.

Then finally, there is this.

The Hidden Palace Zone, a scrapped level in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 but was reintroduced in the game's mobile version several years back. Now, I believe this did appear in Sonic Origins/Plus, but that came out later. That said, this mobile version of the game came long after the original game's release.

Also, there was also the mobile version of Sonic Unleashed, which was an all 2D version of the 3D + 2D console games, both Wii/PS2 and 360/PS3 versions. This is what I am talking about.

There may not be much different content between the mobile and home console versions of the game, but I'd thought I'd bring this up to say I am mainly talking about mobile 2D versions of 3D games and I wanted to stress on that, too.

Now for me to ask the question again that was in the title...

If they were to make mobile versions of such games, would any of you like to see mobile versions of future Classic Sonic games and modern Sonic games (2D and 3D) with different/bonus content in that don't appear in the consoles version, similar to the DS and 3DS versions of Sonic Colors, Generations and Lost World (as made by Dimps) that had different content from the home consoles? If so, what kind of different things would you like to see and how different would you like to see them be from the home (and maybe portable) console versions of said games? This does not have to be just levels, but anything else, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Playing that version of Sonic Unleashed with my old Motorola ROKR was...an experience. The game is still pretty good for a 2D Java title, though.

I don't like playing on cellphones or tablets, but I'm open to anything that adds more content to classic games. I just wish this same content was also present on console versions too.

• Thumbs Up 3

You mean like the Master system versions of Sonic 1 and 2?

Yes.

100% yes. 

• Fist Bump 1

13 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

You mean like the Master system versions of Sonic 1 and 2?

Yes.

100% yes. 

Yeah, that is something that goes with what I said.

• Fist Bump 1