Awoo.

Most divisive Sonic game?

RougePatron

For me, it might be Sonic Unleashed, I know the Sonic Adventure games are pretty divisive too. What do you think?

From my experience, Sonic Superstars is probably the most recent example. I've seen people who either like or hate it. The only thing they seem to agree is about

Spoiler

Trip's story being absolutely awful.

Another divisive one is Sonic Colors. Some fans either love it for being a good game in a sea of bad releases or hate it for the wisps and silly atmosphere.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don’t know which one of them is more divisive, tbh. But it’s gotta be the Adventure games.

Its a toss up between Lost World and Unleashed I think. Well....half of unleashed as I think most people agree that the day stages were great but the night stages were too slow, boring, over long and repetative.

Lost world. Well. It was a step away from the boost mechanics and it had some promise...not perfect but gameplay wise was interesting. Locking it to being wii only i think limited the feedback sega had and umtimatley we have the half cooked forces as a result.

Probably Sonic Colors and Sonic Unleashed.  

With Sonic Colors, some people think that the gameplay is fantastic and point to that game as being the one that got Sonic out of the dark ages.  But then, some people hated this game for the weird story and point to this game as being the start of the dork age for the franchise.

And with Sonic Unleashed, some people really loved the daytime stages and also thought the story between Sonic and Chip was very well handled.  But of course, the werehog stages were a sore spot for most people.

• Fist Bump 1

I would say Unleashed, but then again, everybody claims they love the daytime stages with the Modern Sonic boost formula we all know by this point. I personally love the Werehog and the night-time stages in general, but I can understand where people wouldn't jive with it. It does feel non-Sonic-y at times, the stages are long to get through and yes, the Tornado Defense stages are tricky the first go around. But, it's lovely to see more appreciation for Unleashed from the fans and the general community. The story, graphics, gameplay, music, characters, they're all wonderful in my opinion. Still my favourite Sonic game to this day.

I'd say Sonic Lost World is the one I could see most fans be divided on. Though I enjoyed my second playthrough of it, with red rings and chaos emeralds in tact, it was quite frustrating in parts. Like Lava Mountain Act 2! The soundtrack and setting was fun, bright and colourful, though I wasn't a fan of how many liberties the gameplay and themes took from a certain Italian Plumber. Ironic, cause I said I enjoyed the Werehog despite how much it borrowed from God of War. The wisps weren't as fun as in Sonic Colours, and the less I could say about the writing the better, aside from Mike Pollock's delivery as Dr. Eggman. He's still a legend! Lost World is alright in my opinion, but I can understand why people hate it or love it too.