Awoo.

What is your favorite Sonic ship and why?

ChaosCTRL

Now, I’m not normally the type of guy to bring this stuff up, but with tomorrow being Valentine’s Day and all, I feel like this topic only makes sense. What are some ships between Sonic characters that you enjoy? (I’ve seen people who are very opinionated about this type of thing. Just remember we’re talking about a bunch of fictional cartoon characters, so be respectful as always)

I don’t feel very strongly towards most ships. But one stands out to me that I find adorable. Vector and Vanilla. In Sonic X, and later the IDW comics. Vector is pretty clearly shown (though never directly stated, I suppose) to have a crush on Cream’s mother, Vanilla. It’s just sweet to see the two of them interact, helping each other out with no hesitation, and just clearly getting along. It’s simple, and it’s not excessive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vectilla is the only ship ALL Sonic fans can agree on. Even though it is between a rabbit and a crocodile, the dynamics between their personalities are really good. It's like a funnier version of a detective show!

• Thumbs Up 6

11 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

In terms of Sonic Ships, the egg carrier is still probably my favorite 

Yes! I was hoping someone would make that joke!

• Fist Bump 4

Sonic and Amy Rose is my favorite ship. I'm also OK with Sonic and Sally Acorn as my other favorite ship.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 2/13/2024 at 5:03 PM, Maple Syrup said:

Vectilla is the only ship ALL Sonic fans can agree on.

IDK, nobody ships Vector and Espio as two dads to Charmy? I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, I don't have an OTP (honestly, I'll ship anything with cute fanart), but here are a few higher-tier. I split ships into 3 categories

1) Happy Ships

Shard/Nicole - Having Sonic Copy and Sally Sidekick just seemed right, taking a lot of cues from Sonally with much less baggage. Especially since both of them were in a bad place, one alone, the other dealing with a huge loss. They just felt cute together.

Shadow/Tikal - While they never meet, they are connected by tragedies that destroy their lives. Shadow needs some kind and strong who would remind him of Maria's message. Tikal doesn't need anyone, but she is drawn to strong warriors with a sense of justice ala Chaos. So giving them a ship that represents their closest relation (and lacks any... uncomfortable elements) makes sense. Plus they are both immortal.

2) Drama Ships

Knuckles/Rouge - God I miss their Sonic X bickering. It was fun, whenever they worked together or against each other. But at the same time, as adorable as they are together, there is a dark edge to their relationship: they both want Master Emerald. Knuckles been tricked many times in the past. Rouge is a professional liar. So anytime Rouge flirts with him there is a small amount of uncertainty whether she's playing him or not. Knuckles can't never be sure and I suspect Rouge doesn't know either. (On the more positive side, the idea that she stills Master Emerald on purpose because this is the closest thing to the date is hilariously messed up).

Metal/Breezie - So sad this one never got up from the ground, because I find it fascinating. Is Metal Sonic even capable of love? Could they have a relationship under Eggman? it feels like a catastrophe before even starting and I'd pay a shiny nickel to see more of it. (Also it's funny when you think about Breezie's relationships in AoStH).

3) Crack Ships Aka for Lols

Omega / Blaze, because she burns things pretty
Shadow / Sticks, because he's a walking Alien/Government conspiracy
Bean / Rouge, joined by their love of shiny things.

Anything that sounds like a terrible idea, but makes me laugh.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

I'm not really into ships, but here you go: Sonamy, Silvaze, Knouge, Vectilla (And Sonally, in Archie). According to comics and takeovers, those are canon in some way! 

10 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Shadow / Sticks, because he's a walking Alien/Government conspiracy

Oooh, that made me laugh!

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, this is arguably the worst ship imaginable (and not just because it's a human and an anthro), but I cannot unsee Dr. Starline crushing on Dr. Eggman the entire time. Which is the worst ship imaginable because Starline is a creepy stalker with no morals whatsoever, Eggman is an abusive brute that cares nothing whatsoever for Starline, and the whole thing ends with Starline literally trying to kidnap Eggman and steal everything Eggman's worked for out from under his nose under the deluded impression that "he'll thank me for this later, I'm sure" (I can personally attest that this is exactly what a stalker would think; please don't ask me how I know this) -- and it ends with Eggman beating him so thoroughly that Starline literally loses the will to live and gets crushed to death under a thousand tons of collapsing concrete.

Like I've said, it's the worst ship imaginable. And I can't unsee it, even if I try.

As for favorite ships, probably Antoine and Bunnie. Those two deserve each other, and I'm happy that Antoine finally found true love (before, you know, the whole Metal Sonic thing).

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really a shipping guy, but I must admit Vectilla is my favorite. I just find Vector to be very cute around Vanilla, getting all nervous, it kinda feels a bit relatable. I don't think Vanilla would really have any feelings for Vector, but I just like the dynamic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver and Blaze is interesting because it goes beyond space and time. I haven't been exposed to the Vector and Vanilla ship too much because I didn't fully watch Sonic X (it bored me after the SA2 arc, and even before I never liked it too much), though I don't mind it. The only instance of "Vectilla" I've been exposed to is in IDW when Vector has planned to have a dinner with Vanilla.

• Fist Bump 1

Honestly, I always liked Knuckles/Amy.

There was an arc in Archie Sonic where they worked together with Shadow and Rouge, and they just felt like really good friends! Both thoroughly trust and look out for one another. In the arc Knux is willing to open up to her about things like hating how Sonic teases him all the time, and Amy always able to cool Knux's temper when need be. Idk they're just a great pair; platonic or otherwise. 👍

Edited by Austroid
  • Fist Bump 1

Sonally they bounce off each other perfectly. Two strong personalities doing what they do best, and balancing each other out. 

KnucklesRouge Their playful bickering is a delight. I hope to see it return. 

Tails has a harem on his hands I don't know what to say. TailsCosmo is good stuff. Tails/Cream is just cute. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

I'm not really much of a "shipping" person. I tend to enjoy stories that focus more on platonic love, such as Sonic and Tails' friendship.

But if I really had to pick one, I would go for Tails/Cream. It's just cute!

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Tails/Cream. It's just cute!

You have got to admit. They are THE most adorable characters in the franchise!

• Thumbs Up 1

- The Archie and IDW comics made me see the beauty of any pairing that involves Blaze. I'm no shipper, but some of her interactions with Sonic, Silver and Knuckles are simply heartwarming.

- While I see and like the appeal of Knuckles/Rouge, I think I'd prefer Shadow/Rouge. Almost every situation with both characters(and Omega)talking and doing something together is pure gold to me.

- Vector/Vanilla is a very cute pairing as well and I think he would be an awesome stepfather for Cream. I just wish we knew (for curiosity's sake) how old Vanilla is. Vector is canonically 20 but I never saw anything about her age.

If I had to guess, I think she would be in her 30s/mid 30s.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cayenne said:

- Vector/Vanilla is a very cute pairing as well and I think he would be an awesome stepfather for Cream. I just wish we knew (for curiosity's sake) how old Vanilla is. Vector is canonically 20 but I never saw anything about her age.

If I had to guess, I think she would be in her 30s/mid 30s.

Vector already seems to be a father figure of sorts to Charmy and arguably Espio, so I can totally see Vector being a caring stepdad to Cream.

Given that Cream is about 6, I’d guess that Vanilla is likely in her late 20’s, though 30’s isn’t a stretch at all. I guess we’ll never know.

• Thumbs Up 1