Awoo.

Sonic Prime Toys By PMI Showcased at London Toy Fair

Failinhearts

As reported by Sonic Merch News, the 2024 London Toy Fair is underway! And one of the exhibitors is PMI, producers of budget action figures and accessories often found not at your local toy stores, but rather department stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and local Dollar Stores.

Aside from Jakks, PMI is the other primary manufacturer for merchandise for Sonic Prime specifically, specializing in blind boxes and minature figurines. In fact, many of the toys PMI produces for Prime involve characters that Jakks has not yet produced, 2.5 or 5 inch!

And it looks like PMI's efforts with the Sonic Prime brand is extending into 2024 as shown in this image!

GFIoYDuXkAAFXgs?format=jpg&name=large

This Toy Fair image shows off both current and even upcoming Sonic Prime figures, keychains and even plushies.

Some are currently in stores, like the Paradox Prism capsules, blind boxes containing a static figure and a prism shard.

PMI_KIDS_WORLD_SONIC_PRIME_PARADOX_PRISM_TI2023.webp

But others, while only visible at a glance, seem to be new characters to the PMI range, as noted from this tweet reply!

GFIodGGX0AEelsW?format=png&name=small

This could imply the first ever toys for Alpha Grim Sonic, Squad Commander Red, Dr. Babble, and even a few of the New Yoke Badniks!

What do you think about PMI and their toyline? Are the quality of their toys not up to snuff with your collecting standards? Or is the variety they show already outclassing Jakks' slow output of Prime figures? With Jakks slowly transitioning to 5 inch mainline figures, do you think some characters will be permanently stuck in the PMI purgatory?

Will there EVER be justice for the iconic character of Squad Commander Red?

Only the boundless, merchandisable realm of the Shatterverse holds the answers...

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 2

I personally don't collect PMI's figures due to the lower quality (those paint jobs...) and the limited/lack of articulation, but the plush keychains are great to see! I spy a Shadow and either Nine or Sails in the lowest left shelf, both of which are new.

They are really pushing the Prime merch...fair play. Looks ok, but not for me. Mainline only after the Boom fiasco lol

5 hours ago, castell-neath said:

They are really pushing the Prime merch...fair play. Looks ok, but not for me. Mainline only after the Boom fiasco lol

I guess PMI is pushing Prime is cause unlike Jakks, they aren't the master toy partner for the other branches of the brand. So if they wanna do anything with Sonic, and what merch company wouldn't, it has to be under the Prime name.