Awoo.

Could A Remake of Shadow The Hedgehog Work In 2024?

KingSonicFan134

So I've been thinking about this for about a week, so I thought I'd ask y'all what you think: Could A Remake of Shadow The Hedgehog Work In 2024?

On the one hand, if it could be a full fledged remake instead of a straight port to Game Pass, it gives the game's biggest flaws and shortcomings a chance to be patched out or reworked, or even have some key fundamentals be tweaked and reworked for modern gaming tastes, giving the game an even better shot for success.

Like having less requirements for the final battle instead of playing the game 10 times for the true ending, it could be say, be unlocked after completing one of the 4 endings instead.

Any thoughts?

Short reply: No
Long reply: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Elaborate reply:
- The game feels weird if you didn't played SA2 first, so unless they remake that game first, I doubt it
- So many thing would have to be changed that it would be completely different game, so why not just make completely different game
- While "let's remake bad games, not good ones" it interesting strategy someone really should try, if Sega wants to do it, then 06 is much better choice.

But let's pretend Sega does it. No swearing, no guns, better story. In that case you have completely bland Sonic game with nothing to stand out other than different main character. It doesn't even fit with Frontiers gameplay, so it's extra work to do something completely new.

So I say just make a completely new game about Shadow. Why reopen old wounds? Sonic Movie 3 will retell the story of ARK anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think anything other than a straightforward remaster makes sense (and why Sega isn't doing this for more of Sonic's back catalogue, I can't imagine).  The game is infamous, alright, and that might translate to a few sales, but it can only go so far.  Probably they'd be better off doing the least work necessary to bring the game up to modern standards, and let the rest stand as a product of its time.  The sort of big-deal changes they'd need to make for the game to be accepted unironically today would just make it an entirely different game... so, make an entirely different game.  Because with all that being said, I do actually think that a new standalone Shadow game could work.  No better time than with the third Sonic movie coming along, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you were to replace it with a different game starring Shadow, set at the same point and with essentially the same ending, that would be fine, but the 2005 video game Shadow the hedgehog is terrible. What minor fixes you could apply would not save it from the game it is probably destined to be forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

They will never. EVER. Do something that tone-deaf again. Shadow isn't getting another game, Movie hype or not. Remaking the game that jumped the shark is a really awful idea, and the absolute most anyone can hope for is a half-baked port in a compilation somewhere.

• Thumbs Up 2

No chance.

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) is infamous. If Sega were to remake it and fix the many problems people have with it, it wouldn’t even be the same game. The best choice is to make a completely new game, with a completely new story, starring Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

It sure is funny that this topic happened right before the tone deaf choice to bring back the extraterrestrial metaphor for Middle Eastern Black Arms Dealing Terrorists back in Sonic X Shadow Generations, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:04 PM, LongcrierCat said:

It sure is funny that this topic happened right before the tone deaf choice to bring back the extraterrestrial metaphor for Middle Eastern Black Arms Dealing Terrorists back in Sonic X Shadow Generations, huh?

Yeah that was well timed XD. 
Maybe not completely tone-deaf. Black Doom has garnered at least some fans over time. If it were my choice, Mephiles would have made a better villain for Shadow Generations, especially since his whole gimmick was time travel. But maybe they can take advantage of this and make Black Doom an actually interesting character.

• Fist Bump 1

I think the only option would be a reboot like 06 was meant to be. In fact, that woulf be quite a cool idea. Bring back Black Doom and Mephelis, GUN, and have it a true spin off with Rouge and Omega actong in a role like Tails and Knuckles do

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:04 PM, LongcrierCat said:

I didn't even know this topic existed.

Boy did this age hilariously! 🤣

• Chuckle 1