Awoo.

What is one of the worst Sonic fanfics you've read?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

First, I do like Sonic fanfiction. I actually feel like making one sometime soon, I've also seen some really good fanfiction on Youtube. However, as you know from reading the title of this topic, we aren't talking about that, let's talk about some of the bad.

But before I talk about the fanfic I dislike most, just remember I do NOT want anyone to attack this person.

For me, it has to be Sonic High School, I just think it has an incredibly immature tone, I didn't like how the plot was laid out, even though it had some nice foreshadowing at times, there's two plots going on at the same time and they don't feel like they go together and the grammar is not very good, but English may not be the writer's first language.

But to be honest, it is kind of so bad it's good kind of thing, I guess I have a sort of love, hate relationship with this thing.

Video removed by moderators.

Now, what is the Sonic fanfic you dislike most?

Pass.

I remember publishing my first fanfic on certain Marvel forum. I had passion and plans, wrote five chapters with many more planned out. My rewarded was cold silence and complete lack of responses. When in desperation started asking for opinions I got a multi-paragraph response how everything I made is dumb, lame and cringe.

So yeah, I'm not doing that to other writers. They are already in worse situation than artists or youtubers.

• Thumbs Up 8

17 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Pass.

I remember publishing my first fanfic on certain Marvel forum. I had passion and plans, wrote five chapters with many more planned out. My rewarded was cold silence and complete lack of responses. When in desperation started asking for opinions I got a multi-paragraph response how everything I made is dumb, lame and cringe.

So yeah, I'm not doing that to other writers. They are already in worse situation than artists or youtubers.

Apologies if I seemed like I was being rude, I'm sorry people just replied to your work with rude, harsh, hateful criticism. I actually feel bad for the writer of the fanfic I mentioned here, because there was one bit that felt very revealing, maybe I should've thought about that, I was just giving my thoughts and trying to be critical, giving my thoughts on why it was a bad story. Do you think it may be a good idea to delete this topic just in case?

Edited by IHaveACaseOfSonicMania
  • Nice Smile 1

Maybe it would be a good idea if we posted about good Sonic fanfiction instead. I have a couple of recommendations. I also hear "Ghosts of the Future" by Evan Stanley is pretty good, although I've not personally read it yet.

• Fist Bump 1

11 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Maybe it would be a good idea if we posted about good Sonic fanfiction instead. I have a couple of recommendations. I also hear "Ghosts of the Future" by Evan Stanley is pretty good, although I've not personally read it yet.

Okie dokie,  I'll do that.

• Nice Smile 1

• The topic was locked

Yeah, no offence, but we are not doing this. This forum is meant to be a place of community, and positivity. We are not opening up a topic dedicated to ragging on random fanfiction writers who do this as a hobby, and just want to share their passion and drive about a franchise. If you don't like their work, there's plenty of avenues to take in order to comment on it that doesn't involve doing so on another forum and making a spectacle of it. As such, I'm also removing the video found on the original post.

But we are not going to have this forum become a spot to rag on writers and criticise their work like that. This isn't paid writers throwing out work expected to be professional and purchased. It's amateurs who just want to have a fun hobby and make stories about things they like. 

This topic is now locked.

• Thumbs Up 2