Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic Heroes Profile gift!

Ryannumber1gamer

44 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Hey, there! Clarify for us, are Dream Team and Ring Racers 100% entries, or just chalk it up as a simple Finished games?

Whoops! Neither are 100%. Dream Team was just a straight playthrough (didn't enjoy it enough to do more), and 100% in Ring Racers would probably mean getting the emeralds for each cup, which I haven't done (yet!). I will probably not have many 100%s to report this year, lol, I am not a gal with a ton of time

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, niaco said:

Whoops! Neither are 100%. Dream Team was just a straight playthrough (didn't enjoy it enough to do more), and 100% in Ring Racers would probably mean getting the emeralds for each cup, which I haven't done (yet!). I will probably not have many 100%s to report this year, lol, I am not a gal with a ton of time

Thanks for the clarification!

1 minute ago, niaco said:

(I think it's a good time to ask) so, I've wanted to jump on this bandwagon for a WHILE, but I have MANY questions on what is or isn't allowed.

1. If I've vividly remember playing and completing a game in the past, does that count?
  2. Are fan Games allowed?
  3. Do I have to 100% games, or just play through them?
  4. Does it matter what state the game is in? An example would be Friday Night Funkin', or Sonic Robo Blast 2, where the game isn't finalized, but it's still playable
  5. If I hadn't Completed the game because of a reason I cannot Control, does that count?
  6. Do games with no completion Count? (Party games, racing, Fighting games, etc.)

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

Bortificatin was awarded the badge 'Helping Hand' and 50 points.

10 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

(I think it's a good time to ask) so, I've wanted to jump on this bandwagon for a WHILE, but I have MANY questions on what is or isn't allowed.

1. If I've vividly remember playing and completing a game in the past, does that count?
  4. Does it matter what state the game is in? An example would be Friday Night Funkin', or Sonic Robo Blast 2, where the game isn't finalized, but it's still playable
  5. If I hadn't Completed the game because of a reason I cannot Control, does that count?
  6. Do games with no completion Count? (Party games, racing, Fighting games, etc.)

In terms of stuff I can answer...

1. You can replay previous games but they have to be re-beaten this year.

2. Fan Games are allowed.

3. You can just play through them but they will only be counted as finished, not completed. There are separate leaderboards and rewards for both.

4. The game has to be in a completed state. (The game can be still receiving further development but there would need to be a completable base game).

6. Dunno about party games but racing games and fighting games are good. In the case of fighting games with no collectables or story mode, simply beating arcade mode with one chara should be good enough.

Dunno about #5 though, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Checking in for the week!SfEdGtc.png

First off, my journey with Fortnite continues. And I have to say, in all the animations that the game, the two pronged gliders make you look like you're the Green Goblin.

nQsJ03M.png

Bless Toph, she's trying to "spot" it.

But, for the bulk of the update, I can state that my trek with Sonic Adventure 2 is going quite well.

bQhXza1.png

Metal Harbor proves to be a small stage, but one that can be tricky, yet rewarding to master. Getting down every single lightspeed dash to the right timing, along with bopping just the right enemies, mixed in with the iconic rocket sequence. For those who don't know, there is a top rocket handle which is insanely satisfying to grab, not to mention, the point bonus it grants.

vLkI5FI.png

Clearing the missions on Aquatic Mine was made much easier by having the Mystic Melody unlocked. The shortcut it unlocked came in clutch several times for getting the A-Ranks. The strategy I nailed down was to often go right ahead and lower the water levels to 3. It comes in handy for making sure you can actually attack enemies and not find yourself helpless in the water.

anLDCzb.png

Finally, there was the Security Hall missions. Honestly, as painful as Security Hall can be on a normal playthrough, it's surprisingly a lot easier to get your head in the game for A-Ranks given the inherent time limit already looming over your head. Helps that the music is arguably Rouge's best stage track too.

Edited by Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Failinhearts was awarded the badge 'Helping Hand' and 50 points.

1 hour ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Hello! 52 Games Challenge staff speaking! @Bortificatin's pretty on the mark, but I'll put it into my words to confirm.

1.) Yes, of course! If you wanna replay a game, go on ahead! Just make sure you do so within THIS year!

2.) Yup, as long as there is anything you can do in it that warrents completion. So games that last forever with no real goal, tech demos and the like won't count. Additionally, user generated content in other games won't count. So games made in Roblox, Little Big Planet, Minecraft, Disney Infinity or Fortnite won't be able to count.

3.) We keep two separate counts. Finishing a game, and completing them. Each with their own rewards. So yes, you are free to just finish games, COMPLETING them 100% will give you additional profile rewards!

4.) That is something we will take on a game by game basis, but for the most part, it should be fine. Project 06 may be incomplete, but we'll count its current state if say, you completed all the playable content within it.

5.) We will only count things within your control. We will not ask you to purchase additional content, perform online objectives locked behind subscriptions, attend time-sensitive events, etc. Just whatever you can do with what you initially paid for when you bought the game.

6.) It depends on the game, genre, etc. Endless arcade or mobile games with no ending? No, they won't count. Party games like Mario Party where there are things to unlock? That can count. Fighting games with an Arcade mode? That can count. Early racing games with just a Grand Prix? That can count. Basically if the game has something that can RESEMBLE some kind of end you can feasibly screencap and claim is done, we will take.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Hello! 52 Games Challenge staff speaking! @Bortificatin's pretty on the mark, but I'll put it into my words to confirm.

1.) Yes, of course! If you wanna replay a game, go on ahead! Just make sure you do so within THIS year!

2.) Yup, as long as there is anything you can do in it that warrents completion. So games that last forever with no real goal, tech demos and the like won't count. Additionally, user generated content in other games won't count. So games made in Roblox, Little Big Planet, Minecraft, Disney Infinity or Fortnite won't be able to count.

3.) We keep two separate counts. Finishing a game, and completing them. Each with their own rewards. So yes, you are free to just finish games, COMPLETING them 100% will give you additional profile rewards!

4.) That is something we will take on a game by game basis, but for the most part, it should be fine. Project 06 may be incomplete, but we'll count its current state if say, you completed all the playable content within it.

5.) We will only count things within your control. We will not ask you to purchase additional content, perform online objectives locked behind subscriptions, attend time-sensitive events, etc. Just whatever you can do with what you initially paid for when you bought the game.

6.) It depends on the game, genre, etc. Endless arcade or mobile games with no ending? No, they won't count. Party games like Mario Party where there are things to unlock? That can count. Fighting games with an Arcade mode? That can count. Early racing games with just a Grand Prix? That can count. Basically if the game has something that can RESEMBLE some kind of end you can feasibly screencap and claim is done, we will take.

Well, that's all my worries set to rest. but it sucks that the 100% completion files that I already have doesn't count, but I am in the mist of grinding for Flower Coins in wonder, so it's almost complete! I'll get back here when I'm done. Thank you, and @Bortificatintoo!

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to [EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic Battle Profile gift!

A brand new week is here and with it, a new profile gift! Join or check in now to get a Sonic Battle profile gift!

sonicbattle-1650406718745.jpg

Weekly check-in; no new games beaten today, and the rate I'm going, I can't promise I'll beat anything this week. But I'm working through it, slow but sure. I also started an "honorable mention" game, though it's too early to have much to say about it, so for now, it's staying off of even that list. But that decison will be made when I get to it. Some may also consider it not so honorable, but well, I like what I got to play so far.

Suppose I should show the list so it won't get buried. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:50 PM, Agie said:

1. Super Mario RPG Remake

2. Kaze and the Wild Masks

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (100%)

4. Mega Man 1

5. Mega Man 2

6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game

7. Twinkle Star Sprites

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (100%)

9. Sunset Riders

10. Mega Man 3

11. Mega Man 4 (sequel wars version)

12. Terminator Salvation (arcade)

13. Roll-Chan 5 (hack of Mega Man 5)

14. Kiki KaiKai

15. Roll-Chan 6 (hack of Mega Man 6)

16. Beeny

17. Roll-Chan World (hack of Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge)

18. Roll-Chan: Mini World (hack of Game Gear Mega Man)

19. Duke Nukem 1

20. Roll-Chan World 2 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man II)

21. Earthworm Jim

22. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 1

23. Duke Nukem II

24. Roll-Chan World 3 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man III)

25. The New Zealand Story

26. Sonic the Hedgehog CD

27. Roll-Chan World 4 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man IV)

28. Momodora

29. Roll-Chan World 5 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man V)

30. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Wily Tower)

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers

32. Mega Man: Powered Up

33. Mega Man 7 Restoration + Refit (100%)

34. Mega Man: The Power Battle

35. Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

36. The Simpsons Arcade (Konami)

37. Jurassic Park Arcade (Raw Thrills)

38. Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

39. Mega Man 8

40. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

41. Mega Man & Bass

42. Mega Man & Bass: Challenger of the Future (100%)

43. Earthworm Jim 2 (100%)

44. Mega Man: Battle & Chase

45. Liquid Kids (100%)

46. Mega Man 9 (100%)

47. Batman (Raw Thrills) (100%)

48. Halo: Fireteam Raven (100%)

49. Hi-Fi Rush

50. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants

51. Mega Man 10 (100%)

Honorable Mentions:
Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade)

Bomber Panel Panic

Big Challenge:
Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Knuckles Challenge:
Sonic 3D in 2D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Salamander was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

I don't even have last week's profile gift yet, but I already have a game finished for this week:

Game 14 (100%): Touch Detective (via Touch Detective 3 + The Complete Case Files) (Switch) - Well, I thought I'd burn out if I played SaGa Emerald Beyond five times in a row, so I'm sandwiching it with shorter games.  The Touch Detective franchise from the Nintendo DS is one I was always aware of, but never quite got around to playing - and I'm not sure how many of its games ever got released in Europe, anyway.  But I have a great fondness for series which got their start on Nintendo handhelds, and with the release of a complete collection, including the first English-language release of the third game, I thought it was high time I experienced Touch Detective myself.  This release is based on the iOS version, which compresses everything to a single screen (which does have an impact on the pacing of cutscenes at times) and increases the resolution of the assets, though it's still visibly an old game; it also packs in the Funghi Breaks Out escape game from said iOS version.

...I'd always gotten the impression the series was weird - the dead-eyed protagonist and stubby, vaguely Hot Topic goth art style said that much - but I hadn't appreciated just how whimsical and deadpan it was going to be.  Our heroine exists in a world of insane and incompetent weirdos, animal people, and people who don't look like any real creature at all, investigating surreal cases like a dream thief and a sealed-room assault at a flea circus.  The full game is probably shorter than some single Ace Attorney cases and there's no throughline whatsoever.  The game as a whole is more than a little dream-like... but it's a satisfyingly off-kilter and low-key experience.  I felt the game did fall victim to some common adventure game flaws now and then, like frustrating logic over exactly where you're meant to go and what to click at any one time; likewise, the escape game had some unclear logic and rumours of softlocks, which meant I ended up relying on a guide more than I'd have liked... because the games also have a pretty wonky saving system.  There are no save files and no autosaving whatsoever, whenever you load the game you get booted straight to where you last saved, and there aren't even any milestone saves for things like beating a certain episode, so it's manual saves only and to lock in my 100% I actually had to re-enter a completed episode just to pull up the saving options.

Below I have attached: The image you get for beating the game; the image you get for completing the Investigation Report; the image you get for completing the Touch List; and the image you get for beating Funghi Breaks Out with all three medals.  This constitutes 100% and entails 100%ing all other completion criteria not listed here.

Spoiler

VmGOaBC.jpeg

RStLhef.jpeg

YogPsk5.jpeg

J60tTRn.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Agie was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Remember when I said I wasn't sure I'd clear a game? Well, I switched to another one, and I have beaten one. A blog post inspired me to finish this one and switch gears. Still plan to keep going, though. But with this, I have beaten 52 games.

But well, gotta show the list.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:49 AM, Agie said:

1. Super Mario RPG Remake

2. Kaze and the Wild Masks

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (100%)

4. Mega Man 1

5. Mega Man 2

6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game

7. Twinkle Star Sprites

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (100%)

9. Sunset Riders

10. Mega Man 3

11. Mega Man 4 (sequel wars version)

12. Terminator Salvation (arcade)

13. Roll-Chan 5 (hack of Mega Man 5)

14. Kiki KaiKai

15. Roll-Chan 6 (hack of Mega Man 6)

16. Beeny

17. Roll-Chan World (hack of Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge)

18. Roll-Chan: Mini World (hack of Game Gear Mega Man)

19. Duke Nukem 1

20. Roll-Chan World 2 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man II)

21. Earthworm Jim

22. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 1

23. Duke Nukem II

24. Roll-Chan World 3 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man III)

25. The New Zealand Story

26. Sonic the Hedgehog CD

27. Roll-Chan World 4 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man IV)

28. Momodora

29. Roll-Chan World 5 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man V)

30. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Wily Tower)

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers

32. Mega Man: Powered Up

33. Mega Man 7 Restoration + Refit (100%)

34. Mega Man: The Power Battle

35. Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

36. The Simpsons Arcade (Konami)

37. Jurassic Park Arcade (Raw Thrills)

38. Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure

39. Mega Man 8

40. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

41. Mega Man & Bass

42. Mega Man & Bass: Challenger of the Future (100%)

43. Earthworm Jim 2 (100%)

44. Mega Man: Battle & Chase

45. Liquid Kids (100%)

46. Mega Man 9 (100%)

47. Batman (Raw Thrills) (100%)

48. Halo: Fireteam Raven (100%)

49. Hi-Fi Rush

50. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants

51. Mega Man 10 (100%)

Honorable Mentions:
Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade)

Bomber Panel Panic

Big Challenge:
Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3

Knuckles Challenge:
Sonic 3D in 2D

So, what is this 52nd game?

52. Sonic the Hedgeog 2 (Sonic Jam version) (Completed; got all Chaos Emeralds)

Now, to begin with; I attempted the phone version, but found the touch controls to not get along with me at all, so I gave up. But then, I remembered I was emulating Sonic Jam, and decided to do the Sonic Jam version. But I wanna talk about the game itself before I talk about notable differences.

Taking place some time after Sonic 1 (and shortly after Sonic CD according to Sonic Origins), Sonic is off to stop Eggman's latest scheme, but then finds a poor fox named Tails being bullied. Sonic helps this fox, and after he manages to keep up with Sonic, he and the blue blur go together to stop Eggman's latest scheme!

Many people say this is better than the first one. I have to agree with that for the most part. It encourages speed more than the first one did, at least. However, some level design still forces you to grind the game to a halt. I also find that while there is a novelty to playing as Super Sonic, he turns the stages into a joke. Not helped by the fact that I played a version that, if you get 50 rings with all seven emeralds, you turn into Super Sonic immediately; I admit, I prefer the Origins version because you have to hit the button again to do Super Sonic, which actually makes it better since you can choose.

Still, I like this game, and I would still say it's a must-play no matter what you play it on. Tails' introduction would certainly have an effect on the series going forward, and the Death Egg, while an obvious parody of the Death Star, was nice to see, brief as it was.

I don't think I hated any of the levels, but there were some I liked less than others; Oil Ocean was my least favorite, and I dread Metropolis Zone every time I enter it.

The half-pipes are not my favorite, and they are the number one reason I prefer to play with either Sonic or Tails on their own, rather than both of them together; I just find Sonic and Tails together in the half-pipes to make it harder than it needs to be no matter what version of the game I play. I also prefer Sonic Origins for making these full 3D, while this goes with the original style of making them pseudo 3D.

Now, the thing about the Sonic Jam version specifically; some things across all the Sonic Jam games is some slightly different sound effects. Also, when you get a speed powerup, it just switches to the faster version of the song starting from scratch, and then starts the regular song from scratch when it stops.

I also kinda like the explosion sounds of the Eggman bosses blowing up more than the originals; adds more punch to it. Though the Spin Dash also sounds like it has a lower pitch than the other versions. The music is largely the same, though I swear there's some slight differences. These haven't been in a version of the game before or since, with even the phone ports and Sonic Origins using the Genesis sounds.

Also, I guess I chose a mode that made the game a hair easier, since there were collectable rings in the Death Egg Zone; that never happens in most playthroughs. I took it, though.

None of this fundamentally alters the game, and I still quite like it, but it's still fascinating to me. I would recommend Sonic 2 in most of its forms, though I say I prefer the Sonic Origins version just a bit for letting me choose whether or not I wanna be Super Sonic. Still, glad I got to play this version of the game.

20240508002149_1.jpg

20240508015101_1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Rabid-Coot was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Assassins Creed Odyssey.  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8260-assassins-creed-odyssey/Rabid-Coot

I see even the writers have basically given up on the present day storyline.

Finished: 29 Completed: 29

Started Pokemon Brilliant Diamond after having in sat an a shelf for about 2 years due to every other Pokemon game taking priority. Gone with Piplup as a starter because I've done fire and 2x grass recently. Got Pokerus within 2 hours of starting, found simple Bidoof isn't worth dealing with in the early game, been surprised by how early the free Jirachi is handed out and committed Pokebetrayal by benching Luxray for the shiny one I found in Legends Arceus last month while searching for wisps to finish its Pokedex and unlock the content in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

cosmichaos was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Check In: So, I haven't had a lot of time to play video games lately, unfortunately (because my unplayed library is CRYING my name), but every maybe once a week I get a chance. I'm still working on Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and I made the connection that steering the ship was like driving a car, which is... unfortunate for anyone on the road with me. (JOKING, JOKING) Edward is quickly becoming second place to Ezio as my favorite AC protag.

It's been a while since I've touched NiER: Automata, which is very sad and I do really want to get back into the game, but my PS5 seems to want to throw a shitfit every time I try to do anything. I just recently went to a Comicon cosplaying as 2B, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many people knew about NiER! Those heels hurt, though. 

Aside from those two main ones, I've been obsessively playing Side Order whenever I get time because I have to play at least one hour's worth of Splatoon every week or I will fade out of existence and die. Also, apparently Help Wanted 2 releases on Oculus tomorrow so like, that'll be taking up a majority of my week, so expect me to make an entry about that one soon. I scared my friend earlier because I got so excited about finally being able to play it. 

Nothing else really for game completion progress, though. I think I'll finally give in and buy Lethal Company this week, and while I'm at it Hades is on Steam for $8.79, which is incredibly tantalizing, so I'll probably give into that too. But yeah, that's about it for games this week. Hopefully I'll have made a bit more headway next week.

• Thumbs Up 1

#16/52 - DuckTales (NES)

Didn't get 100% since I missed the treasure in African Mines, so I might redo it in the future. Was fun to play the NES version alongside the remake.

DuckTales (USA)_002.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

castell-neath was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

This week its game no 21 completed and 100%ed....Tails Adventure(s).

Not played this is a while and its down there as one if my least favourite sonic / associated games...more so than Spinball, but a bit better than Labrynth. One thing that REALLY suprised me with this revisit is how it has the DNA of the 3ds Boom games written all over it. The constant level exploration, unlocking items to aid progression and other parts of the levels...the seafox...honestly, the only thing missing was the Enerbeam. Not a big fan of the pace, but as an enjoyable hour goes...it does the job. Again...you can see by 1995 how the devs were really pushing the limits with the 8bit graphics.

Check in is (suprise, suprise) Horizon. Done a load of side quests, got all bar one ornament and have unlocked the mission to see the holo images in the sky. The chinese new year and xmas ones looked great. Now up to level 47...going to try to get to level 50 next week before taking on the final story mission. Also, been chipping away at gta chinatown wars. I do much prefer Liberty City to Los Santos...it just seems to fit the "vibe" of the games so much better.

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 6.jpg

Edited by castell-neath
  • Thumbs Up 1

Might as well get a check-in done myself this week. I've opted for a major project this week and have been working my way through Sonic Adventure DX. Finished the stories and I'm on Big's emblem trials. This is my first time going for full 100% completion and my experience with Adventure this time has been...different compared to normal. Maybe due to some Sonic burnout, who knows. 

Either way, I'll probably take a break after SADX and come back to SA2 Battle at another point.

Ryannumber1gamer

The Tenth Doctor was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

Game 11 - Star Wars Battlefront (Classic Collection) - Campaign Completed

20240509_215753.thumb.jpg.80a3031eb288b06831a0bea19c9fd325.jpg

Did the 2 campaigns in the original game, the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War. I'd forgotten how sluggish the original is but heck, was good to go back to it. Had to rethink how I played! Also this game seems to be better in the Classic Collection than 2 is, though maybe the patches helped?

• Thumbs Up 1

#17/52 - Mega Twins (Arcade)

It's like Wonder Boy's less good, more annoying cousin. Also has the most obnoxious low-health alarm sound I've ever heard.

2024050917220000-C1384A65E82E177439207D982B1AB1B5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Just a quick note to all to say that I've been on vacation this week (hasn't really felt like one, but them's the breaks!), so I haven't been able to get around to rewarding users for check-ins for the last week. I'm hoping to find time to do that tonight or over the weekend. Please accept my apologies for the delay in handing these out!

(this doesn't count as my own check-in, I'll do that in a day or so)

• Thumbs Up 6

Ryannumber1gamer

FReaK was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

I unfortunately missed last week, was at the hospital for some Issues, but I'm fine now. :)

So I will make this week's check in now. :)

I started a new game Hades II, can't 100% it yet since it is in early access.

I absolutely loved the first one, probably the best roguelike I have ever played, so it was a given to get the sequel as soon as it hit early access.

Overall it is much like the first game - which is good - but there is even more stuff to do, even now in early access. I made it up to the third major region, the game is already beatable but I didn't do it just yet, need to git gud first. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

TitansCreed was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

An early update from me this week, as I'll probably be spending my weekend playing more Solo Leveling: Arise as that just released Globally this week, and I'm having a tonne of fun. Think of it like Genshin, but without the open world. There are a lot of familiar UI elements, but the combat feels way more satisying. We're on day 4 of the global launch and I'm enjoying getting through stuff.

image.thumb.png.f071d4bc962992185257f51a154b1da9.png

Anyway, onto the main crux of this week. As always, we have dived into Sonic Speed Simulator and as I enjoyed my time with Sonic Prime (the series), I too enjoyed my time with the Sonic Prime (levels).

So much so, that I did a second video as No Place was unlocked at the same time, but we ended up diverting and talking about Sonic TV media of the past in the latter third of the video. Haha.

My socials were abuzz with another Sonic Roblox game in Star-Drop, so we took a day to look at this and find the 7 Chaos Emeralds in this very barebones but intriguing classic inspired open zone game.

And finally in terms of video content we have been (slowly) progressing with Frenzy Adventure.

SIDE NOTE: My thumbnails have been on point this week.

So, in terms of  games off content creation, after my post last week I went back into Gunfire Reborn as their Season 2 started last week (their seasons normally last 3 months) and we polished off the reward track for that in a week. It's an ok season. Once you understand the gimmick you can have some fun, but they made the quests a little more involved this time, so it can't be finished in 5 short runs. Think it took 5 short runs (90 minutes) and 2 full blown long runs (one of these was about 4-5 hours).

image.thumb.png.c03adb5c4bc47d97e0b610b9c53c74cd.png

And FINALLY, got time to continue my quest to 100% Sonic games on steam and polished off the Achievements in Sonic CD.

image.png.1194bc9bc4419bb54d7e03304f739697.png

Big fan of SCD, one of my alltime faves, but I am not a fan of the remasters because my favourite vocal tracks are gone :<

For a quick breakdown of stuff:
Completed: Gunfire Reborn Season 2 Reward Track, & Sonic CD Achievements.
Playing: Sonic Frenzy Adventure

I'm assuming Star-Drop won't count for the same reason Speed Simulator doesn't. I thought i saw a rule about finishing a game in progress, but I must of been daydreaming. Haha.

Until next time gamers, I'm diving back into SLA.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, FReaK said:

I unfortunately missed last week, was at the hospital for some Issues, but I'm fine now. :)

So I will make this week's check in now. :)

I started a new game Hades II, can't 100% it yet since it is in early access.

I absolutely loved the first one, probably the best roguelike I have ever played, so it was a given to get the sequel as soon as it hit early access.

Overall it is much like the first game - which is good - but there is even more stuff to do, even now in early access. I made it up to the third major region, the game is already beatable but I didn't do it just yet, need to git gud first. :D

Since you've kept part in the event thus far and there's some special circumstances here, me and @Dreadknuxagreed to still grant you last week's prize.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
Ryannumber1gamer

Danj86 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Registered Game

Spoiler
  1. Fan Game: Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble 16Bit - Complete

2. The Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown  -  Complete

3. Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series P1 - Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

4. Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series P2 - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

5. The Pedestrian - Complete

6. Another Code: Recollection P1 - Another Code: Two Memories

7. Another Code: Recollection P2 - Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories - Complete

8. Touhou: Luna Nights -  Complete

9. Afterimage - Complete

10. Yohane The Parhelion -Blaze in the Deepblue- -  Complete

11. Metroid Dread - Complete

12. Mario vs Donkey Kong (Switch Version) - Complete

13. Metroid Prime Remastered

14. Tevi - Complete

15. Princess Peach Showtime! - Complete

16. The Murder of Sonic The Hedgehog - Complete

17. Grim Guardians: Demon Purge - Complete

18. Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons - Complete

19. Gensou Skydrift - Complete

20. Penny's Big Breakaway - Complete

21. Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Complete

22. Pikmin 2 - Complete

23. Pikmin 1 - Complete

24. Fan Game: Sonic 3D in 2D - Complete

New Additions

25. Bonanza Bros (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis) - Complete

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-05-09010014.thumb.png.572d4becdb66bbc6fbd4029afc374c99.png

As mentioned in my last weeks post. The fuel in my fire has dyed down considerably, so I felt like going back to some classics games from my childhood. I've still been playing other games, but at a much slower pace.

Funnily enough, my playthrough of Bonanza Brothers for this challenge was noteworthy because I had to try twice. Now I'm sure every reader will roll their eyes when they hear why, but it is actually true. My controller was acting strange. While most directional inputs worked fine, going left was very spotty. I've been able to use the same controller for other things and not had an issue, so this was unexpected. My first mistake was trying to power through it. Some enemies are guaranteed to spot you so when a controller decides you wont be running, that's a life you must wave goodbye too. I had another controller that worked fine for the second run, though it was getting hairy at the end.

The Bonanza Bros story has had multiple....edits. Because you are playing as burglars after all and this was before games like GTA. So depending on the version, they can be either ex-cons who are hired to test security systems or spies helping the government while in the original had them as professional criminals. Even then, according to the information I'm using as a reference, they were stealing from other criminals. Which would actually explain why most of the enemies are armed. But speaking of arms, the guns are more toy like, shooting large toy like projectiles and as far as I know, that was always the case.

I recall a funny moment from a playthrough years ago, in which I was spotted and shot at and was able to dodge the shots by jumping over them. I must've jumped over 4 consecutive shots before finally getting hit, unable to get out of the way. The game is lighthearted in nature, no blood or anything. My brothers were convinced that the bros were swearing when getting hit. It does sound a little like "D***head" but I suspect it's supposed to be something simple like "Geh!"

The game is pretty short if you're good at it. I don't think I've ever completed a run without dying at least once. I still enjoy it to this day. They even have interactable objects like empty cans that if you walk on, will cause you to trip and fall. The noise will awaken any sleeping enemies nearby. My favourite interactable is a rake, for reasons I can explain with a gif.

the-simpsons-sideshow-bob.gif

Finished: 25

Completed: 21

Edited by Danj86
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Gruffin was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Weekly Check-In : Sonic Adventure DX (Steam Release, Modded)

FINISHED

...And it only took me six weeks! My usual rate is to simply not finish any games, so I consider this a win. I did a lot this week compared to past ones, so let's get into it.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Amy's route so much. It was a combination of her being a character I don't pay much attention to and seeing all the scorn online towards her play style that made me wary, but I ended up wishing that her route was longer than 3 stages.

At first controlling her felt like running through mud, but once I got the strategy down, she was actually pretty fun. Jumping to land in a full sprint, watching for her to pull out the hammer, then attacking while running to vault over obstacles. It was a unique way of moving through stages that changed the way I thought about platforming in this game, and required just the right level of technique to make it challenging without being frustrating.

Big's route was fun because I like fishing minigames lol. He's another one that I've seen a lot of complaints about, many of which I can understand (and agree with!), but I personally have played/enjoyed enough frustrating fishing minigames that the fishing part was pleasant at best and fine at worst. It was actually the moving around that frustrated me more...

Screenshot2024-05-11005222.thumb.png.90bc9794c910ad2d25db98d41f84c444.png

Ice Cap strikes again. That mountain is carnivorous, I'm telling you.

Yeah, I dunno. Big was constantly bugging out and clipping into things, stairs being the worst offenders. Luckily platforming is not the focus on his route or I would have had a lot more to complain about.

As for Gamma, my immediate thoughts were, "Oh no, this is like the shooting stages in SA2..." before changing to, "...but better, actually?"

Way better, actually. I think what contributes to him not feeling terrible to control is that Gamma can go faster than the mechs and doesn't have an ear piercing sound effect you have to hear all the time. Something about the aiming felt a lot easier as well, but that could just be because he can turn quicker.

Either way, fun route with a compelling plot; perhaps my favorite out of all the routes in story. I unfortunately was already spoiled on what the ending was, but that didn't make it any less moving nor did it prepare me for the scene where Gamma walked into the wrong room. I'll be thinking about that one for awhile.

And though I don't have much to say on it right now, I'll mention it for posterity: The final story was pretty good too. The final battle was a cool spectacle and the cutscenes wrapped things up nicely. I was satisfied with how the story ended.

Screenshot2024-05-11204016.thumb.png.b806af7da9b7b0c93b6fe19ad404eb99.png

With all of that done, I also did some post-game emblem hunting:

Screenshot2024-05-11204101.thumb.png.49d85620a32b883f4d76e926c0701882.png Screenshot2024-05-11204104.thumb.png.6e394b9df7849ad45683b7293d3cec97.png Screenshot2024-05-11204108.thumb.png.9ecb89b64d4badaf4893b52db0bd8c05.png

Screenshot2024-05-11204111.thumb.png.c7968e6ea06cd8d019e674c885e40f08.png

I'm planning to 100% this, seeing as I've come this far already. Not at all looking forward to doing both this game's and SA2's Chao Gardens at the same time though :'D

In Progress (0, 2)

Spoiler

Finishing

• n/a

100%-ing

• Sonic Adventure DX (Steam Release, Modded)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (Steam Release, Modded)

Completed (1, 0)

Spoiler

Finished

• Sonic Adventure DX (Steam Release, Modded)

100%-ed

• n/a

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Just a quick check-in from me this week. No progress in Spyro 2, but I did go back to Spyro 1 to wrap up the remaining achievements from that game. I think they're all done now (the top of the locked achievements list now shows those related to Spyro 2) so there's that.

Edited by NegaMix
  • Thumbs Up 1