Awoo.

Who is your favorite Sonic YouTuber

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

For me, it has to be Fadel from Games Cage, I find him really funny to watch, especially when he starts raging. Who's your favorite Sonic YouTuber and why?

• Thumbs Up 1

I regularly check SomecallmeJohnny and Roger van der Weide, but they aren't exactly my absolute favorites. Their alright. Former does decent straightforward reviews, latter makes funny animations and other things.

KingK and shoogles (Sonic Spitball) made some fascinating analysis of Sonic games, but it's stretch to call them "Sonic Youtubers"., they do other stuff.

bickuribox12 actually got pretty good, making thoughtful and funny reviews, but his last video was a while ago.

Ummm, does BumbleKast counts? Counting Ian Flynn seems like cheating.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane
  • Fist Bump 1

31 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Ummm, does BumbleKast counts? Counting Ian Flynn seems like cheating.

I wouldn't say it's cheating.

Game Apologist does great character breakdowns and reviews from games to comics. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Jehtt makes some crazy memes!:chuckle:and Sonic Paradox of course!

• Thumbs Up 5

My favorites are Jehtt cuz of the sonical memes!:chuckle:And Sonichub because of the Sonic Speed Simulator videos and the mythbusters 

• Fist Bump 2

Definitely Game Apologist and Sonic Paradox!  I like Game Apologist because he does such a fantastic job at going into depth about the characters and the world they live in.  I also love Sonic Paradox because they make some of the most hilarious animated Sonic skits out there.

I also love Sonicsta as he's another Sonictuber who goes into depth about the characters and the world they live in.

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as YouTubers who primarily make sonic content, I’d have to go with the Game Apologist. He seems to genuinely understand and appreciate the characters and stories told across the whole franchise.

While he isn’t a Sonic YouTube specifically, I did also thoroughly enjoy Choctopus’s playthroughs of Frontiers and Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo did y’all forget about chaomix. dude he dedicated a video to how much money sonic owes from property damage in city escape.

:char_sonic:

• Fist Bump 3

My mum thinks that Badnik Mechanic guy is cool.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Man, you people can't forget Chaomix!

Chaomix (Of course), Sonic Paradox their Sonic animations always make me laugh, and Game Apologist for having a good  understanding of the characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man! I meant to add Chaomix!  He has made a lot of interesting videos about the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise!

Cybershell has always been my favorite because of his "I dont care" personality, not to mention how funny but also informative his videos are.

cy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:14 AM, theBIGBLOB said:

Cybershell has always been my favorite because of his "I dont care" personality, not to mention how funny but also informative his videos are.

cy.jpg

Personally, I haven't seen that much of him but I liked his podcast on Ken Penders.

Not been watching much on youtube for years now. Handy thread this to see who's out there these days

Edited by castell-neath

I haven't been watching Sonic YouTube for very long, but I will say that Bikuribox12 has the best reactions to glitches and jank in Sonic games and I initially started watching that channel because I saw one of the Project 06 videos and those reactions were hilarious.

I'm also a fan of Garrulous64's Sonic game rewrites, as well as The Magnificent Motobug. (My favorite character is Buzz Bomber.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mines is SuperSonicBlake, Sonic and Friends, MilesTails101, SonicSong182, and SpeedSuperSonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Peter Knetter any day of the week. His editing and humor are fantastic! Always get excited when he posts. SONICSTA as a good second place.

Edited by KingSonicFan134
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Darn, @KingSonicFan134got to Peter before I did lol, but yes, absolutely Peter Knetter. He's honestly my favorite Youtuber in general, and his "__ in Sonic Frontiers" series was hilarious. Saltydkdan is another amazing one, dude is a natural born comedian. Other honorable mentions are Lythero and Snapcube.

• Fist Bump 2

... you know, I've been considering trying to be a Sonic youtuber. Holy cow, I was not aware competition is this numerous.

Also, @KingSonicFan134 gets a thumbs up for actually putting dang links to his YouTubers. Little thing, I know, but highly appreciated regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't count as a "Sonic Youtuber" but I've really enjoyed Lowart's Archie Sonic videos as of late. For a more dedicated Sonic Youtuber, I guess Pariah695 and Game Apologist.

• Fist Bump 1

Yeah, I will echo Pariah695 and it honestly is not close at all for me personally.

He does not appear to in any way just go with what the fandom says about anything but truly expresses his own views. Which is quite enjoyable and interesting to listen to because the guy actually knows what he's talking about. Even has helped me to take notice of and appreciate some elements of these game's and even their stories I didn't otherwise.

Also, he's quite "real." He does not fake anything about what he says or how he says it. NGL, the fanboyism and over-exaggerated hype over...

...nonsense I sometimes see in other "Sonictubers" really annoys me.

Retropolis Zone has also made some pretty good Sonic videos.

I'll occasionally check in on most of them, but Cybershell and Pariah (arguably not a Sonictuber) are the ones that I make sure to watch when a new video drops. Not necessarily for the fresh opinions, but because they aren't loaded with YouTuberisms like subscription begging or sponsors. I know you gotta do what you gotta do, but if I can avoid it whenever possible, I will.

Aside, but Cybershell is a part of a podcast series with bernievidz called "Netlore" and it's pretty great. There's been a lull lately and I hope they get back to making more episodes soon. 

I've been a long-time fan of Peter Knetter. Super funny dude with unique video ideas, and the quality of his content has only improved over the years.

Pariah is one of the few Sonictubers that truly seems to have an in-depth understanding of Sonic, both as a character and as a franchise. He always has unbiased, straightforward input on what's going on in the community and I'm always interested to hear what he has to say. He does no sugarcoating or overhyping.

Jehtt is an obligatory pick. His videos are hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1