Awoo.

What is the thing you like about most in the Sonic franchise

Itzyaboi64

Well I can’t exactly make a good intro so…

what I like most about the Sonic franchise is the consistency of the story and the characters. To be quite honest I just like the variety and the community.sonic the hedgehog GIF

I always loved the characters in the franchise.  They are some of the most interesting characters I have ever seen in the video game industry (when they are written well) and I've always loved characters like Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Shadow, because they are some of the most relatable characters in the entire franchise.

I also loved how the characters are designed, especially the fact that Sonic himself is a blue hedgehog, which is something that really made him stand out from other video game characters.

Edited by Rabbitearsblog

The Sonic franchise has amazing characters, and the music is a Chef's Kiss! And lastly, the fans. Even though the fanbase has some bad seeds, the good ones make amazing art, memes, and sometimes even fangames to share with people like them! 

• Fist Bump 1

I love the music it just hits different 

It isn't just one thing.

Every game is different, has something really unique to set it apart. Even when games have similarities, there's always something to make them feel different (the boost games all using the boost formula, yet we get beat-em-up with Unleashed or character creation with Forces). As a result, Sonic games also tend to feel different than anything else on the market really.

You have games that let you go fast, and you have games that let you fight wave after wave of enemies at night. But do you know any game that lets you do both like Sonic Unleashed? Regardless of someone's tastes in video games, there is at least one Sonic game that will probably appeal to them. Racing, combat, story, tight platforming, anything. He's a true jack of all trades franchise, and it's always fun seeing what gets attempted next.

This isn't even touching Sonic's expansion realm of tv shows, comics, and now even movies. Every medium has an outlet for Sonic, and that's really fun.

• Nice Smile 1

Oh yeah!  I can't forget the amazing music throughout this franchise!  I especially loved the music during the Adventure Era, especially with each of the characters' theme songs, with my favorites being "It Doesn't Matter" and "Unknown from M.E."

The fact that they are fast paced platform games. Platform games are my favorite genre, and since I'm not a very patient person I prefer constant action/constant gratification type games over ones where you need to take your time in between action segments (which is my I'm not a fan of Sonic Frontiers, and I hope it doesn't represent a long lasting trend in the series main games).

I also love the characters for some reason. I've never quite been able to undertsand why I like these characters so much in particular, when there are so many franchises with great characters in them, but I do. There is just something appealing about the basic character design style of this franchise.

Also, at this point I love the series for nostalgic reasons. And by that I mean in part my childhood nostalgia for the time when the series was at it's peak in popularity in the 90's, but maybe even more so my at this point nostalgic history with the online Sonic fanbase. I first started hanging around Sonic forums in 2003 and after more than 20 years of this sort of thing being a part of my life it's just one of those things I can't really imagine living without. I kinda have to hang out with fellow Sonic nerds at this point, it's just part of my lifestyle.😋

Edited by batson

In no partucular order:

Music, colours, sense of speed, overall story, nostalga,fan commumity

Characters.

Whenever it's Battling Gods or Fake Murder Party, I love spending time with them. They feel like a bunch of friends you can always have a good time.

Overall I love franchises with big recurring casts, but none gets close to Sonic. Always something is missing
DC/Marvel or TMNT is too disjointed. Too many reboots, reinterpretations, retcons.
My Hero Academia, or Mega Man, all characters have the same functions, same goals.
My Little Ponies or Transformers have varied personalities, but fairly identical abilities (and body types, even compared to Sonic).
Fighting games or something like Overwatch just don't tell stories, so characters exist in a vacuum.

• 3 weeks later...

What I love most about the Sonic franchise is its music and its characters (specifically Sonic).

In its musical section I love how to change the soundtrack, be it Rock, electronic, orchestra, etc., and some songs have very beautiful lyrics, which motivates me to keep going.

And in her characters I like some of them because of their personalities, I have to admit that I fell in love with Amy Rose, it will sound strange but I really like her as a character and I will always keep her in my heart and above all I love Sonic, he has a personality that is great and does not bother, sometimes I think that I am like Sonic, someone who, despite adversity, continues to move forward and is optimistic.

Sonic hitting on freedom and rebellion is a source of the appeal. I find the morals of Sonic the character up until Pontac and Graff started writing the series to be inspiring. Sonic reminds us to get up and run, and not to let large corprations off the hook. To seek out new experiences, to explore the world. 

My favorite part of the franchise is the toys based on it :chuckle: