Awoo.

'Sonic the Movie' Unavailable for Licensing Due to Missing Paperwork

Dreadknux

Aw man...I was hoping we would eventually get a Blu Ray release of this movie sometime in the future...

• Absolutely 1

I mean, couldn't they just re-dub it with a new production company and release that? Or would that possibly interfere with whatever contract is misplaced because we have no idea what it says?

On 1/9/2024 at 1:30 AM, Tornado said:

How does the same shit happen 5 times? Did a monkey with a typewriter run their legal department in the 1990s?

What were the other times?

8 hours ago, Lanmanna said:

What were the other times?

On 1/9/2024 at 3:25 AM, Dejimon11 said:

What were the other 4?

On 1/9/2024 at 8:20 AM, Red Hot Jack said:

No but really what were the other times... Archie lost their paper, but the rest? I want to know what else is unavailable

On 1/9/2024 at 4:44 AM, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

I don't know, but one I know of, though it wasn't Sega it was more Archie, was the Ken Penders lawsuit. Archie lost the paperwork, and the Ken Penders got the rights to the characters he owned, from what I remember. That is the only one I know of.

The ridiculous Archie shit but before that the three different musicians that they had come in to compose music across four consecutive main series games without actually retaining ownership of said music.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

All I'm thinking of is that scene in Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark where they store the ark in area 51 Except it's the lost sonic ova papers.

Edited by zlonic
Made the ending to the comment better.