Awoo.

Sly Cooper series

CrownSlayers Shadow

It loves its hacking minigames for Bentley but, Sly seems to have NO minigames while Murray had one involving turret defense so far in my playthrough.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Balding Spider

• Conando

• T-Min

Hmm, well, I suppose the hacking mini-games could get old quickly, but judging from the demo, they did try to expand upon them.

Guess I'll just hold off judgement until I play the game. I'm still excited; chances are, I'll love it and the critics can go die in a fire just like with Kingdom Hearts 3D

Right, so I'm gonna make this the first game I pick up if I ever get a PS3.

I've played the first 3 Slys and enjoyed them despite their faults, no way I'll want to miss out on this.

Speaking of Bentley, I always loved playing as him (wheelchair Bentley is best Bentley, though). I can't really understand why he and Murray aren't liked by everyone.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I didn't like Bentley in 2 because his hits were way too weak (and maybe slow?) for me to be used to. I mean, yeah there's being stealthy in the game when you using bombs and sleep darts, but when you get busted in the process it really helps that you can either fight off the foes or make an easy get away and try again. I had to wait until I unlocked the Adrenaline Sprint in 2 in order to make quick getaways, and by that time I was already at the Contessa, but after that I ended up getting more used to him.

Bentley in 3? Oh he's awesome, and much stronger and mobile than he previously was. And I could feel it whenever I had to play as him.

Just beat the game. Sanzaru

What was up with the last episode? That was some Sonic Team crap right there.

Huh. Amazon sent it to me with release date shipping. Then again, I'm an Amazon Student member.

You signed up for that too? Yeah it's pretty awesome actually. Renewing is half-price as well.

I just bought Dead Space 3 from Amazon and they sent me a $20 giftcard. So I guess I'll put that towards Sly.

Getting it for $20 will probably make me overlook any flaw it has, honestly.

Just beat the game. Sanzaru

What was up with the last episode? That was some Sonic Team crap right there.

Saw it on Youtube and I see what you mean. It's literally one giant QTE sequence! Even Unleashed had more than that!

Also LOL ship sinking.

Saw it on Youtube and I see what you mean. It's literally one giant QTE sequence! Even Unleashed had more than that!

Also LOL ship sinking.

Which really sucks because unlike Unleashed I really enjoyed most of what I had played up until the "end stage".

Edited by Balding Spider

By the end of this year, I will be picking up a PS3 along with this. MARK MY WORD SONY! I'm so curious as to how it will tie into 3....

So I was kind of curious and decided to look at the final boss to see what all the fuss was about. Two things to note -

1. Yeah, about as bad as everyone's saying.

2. Dialogue is... - "YOUR CANE WORK IS PITIFUL!" "Not as pitiful as that mustache!" ... Why do I do this to myself. :/

Boss/plot twist spoilers.

So Penelope turns out to be a

villain? Well fuuuuck. =| I haven't played Sly 3 yet, but I like her role from what I've read of it and her character design was so cute so I assumed I would like her there too. I hate it so much when perfectly likeable characters turn out to be evil later on, even double if it happens in a later installment and not within the same work. It's not interesting, it just feels like a stab in the gut and turns me off from them.

Ugghh I don't know why this frustrates me since I haven't even played the third game yet, I just honestly expected to like Penelope a lot and now this just makes me not want to get attached to her that much.

...Yeah, that TOTALLY makes sense...

No foreshadowing, and I'm assuming no previous motive behind it(?), and possibly cheap way to make a twist...

I gotta get this game and see it for myself.

The game is still a lot of fun but yeah, the story is pretty weak. Sly games have never had an incredibly strong story, though, it was the interactions between the characters. Sly and the gang still play perfectly off of one another. The other plot elements are weird.

I'd argue that the Sly games did have a strong story because of the interactions between characters, tho.

Character backgrounds influence their actions into the way they are now as the adventures unfold. Penelope in Sly 3 was helpful and showed no signs of turning against them. Hearing about her doing that in Sly 4 just seems to run counter to that. I dunno, I guess I'll just have to play this game and see how it fully holds up. All I've watched on her was just the boss fight.

Maybe I should have gotten a PS3 to begin with...

Also, I know DeLisle is playing as Carmelita, but I can't fucking get a spanish sounding Azula out of my freaking head whenever she talks. laugh.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh so I was right? It's kinda funny cause I never played any of the sly games before, and when I was playing the demo

And they were like "Oh Bentley's girlfriend went missing and the book's gone" I just assumed "Oh so she's evil."

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh so I was right? It's kinda funny cause I never played any of the sly games before, and when I was playing the demo

And they were like "Oh Bentley's girlfriend went missing and the book's gone" I just assumed "Oh so she's evil."

That was basically what I assumed too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Always watching you...

iycI8u9Ji6aqm.jpg

Edit: Oh and if you guys are having trouble with the clue bottles, focus on gathering them in episode 3.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1