Awoo.

Do you think Sonic Frontiers is one of the Storybook games?

Maria.Sosori

This is kind of a silly question, but I was thinking about the storybook games and so of course the theory that Sonic Frontiers is the third entry in the series came into my mind. I personally don't think it is. While Sonic's pose on the box art for Sonic Frontiers is strikingly similar to that of SatSR and SatBK, I think that's the only similarity. The gameplay from SatBK was built off of SatSR (at least, as far as I know), and obviously, they both have stories based on popular tales. 

The only thing that made the storybook games "the storybook games" was that SEGA called them that, and even that wasn't until Black Knight anyway. If that game hadn't been Arthurian-themed, the next Wii Sonic game Kishimoto was working on probably still would've reused Secret Rings's engine, because it was convenient to what they were working with and the time they were allotted. Sonic's pose on the JP boxart means nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

We need a Storybook revival...start with the Grimm fairystories. Each character can have mission story like in SA1.

Amy and the 3 bears

Shadow and Rouge as hansel and gretel.

Im sure there are more that can be suggested! Lol

• Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, castell-neath said:

We need a Storybook revival...start with the Grimm fairystories. Each character can have mission story like in SA1.

Amy and the 3 bears

Oh yeah I miss 'em, they're some of my favorite Sonic games. (Hehehehe time to contact Sonic Team) (yes I forgot the name of their current head dev)

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

The only thing that made the storybook games "the storybook games" was that SEGA called them that, and even that wasn't until Black Knight anyway. If that game hadn't been Arthurian-themed, the next Wii Sonic game Kishimoto was working on probably still would've reused Secret Rings's engine, because it was convenient to what they were working with and the time they were allotted. Sonic's pose on the JP boxart means nothing.

Boxart certainly isn't much to go off of, but it still is kind of neat to see something like that. But aside from the box art, that's it for what connects those games (if it even really does). Also, I didn't know that about the history of those games! (I mean, aside from the title "the storybook games" being coined after SatBK, I kind of figured it out on my own.)

4 hours ago, castell-neath said:

Amy and the 3 bears

Shadow and Rouge as Hansel and Gretel and Black Doom as the witch, hehe.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Maria.Sosori said:

This is kind of a silly question, but I was thinking about the storybook games and so of course the theory that Sonic Frontiers is the third entry in the series came into my mind. I personally don't think it is. While Sonic's pose on the box art for Sonic Frontiers is strikingly similar to that of SatSR and SatBK, I think that's the only similarity. The gameplay from SatBK was built off of SatSR (at least, as far as I know), and obviously, they both have stories based on popular tales. 

An interesting idea, but I don’t think it is. What old story, legend, or fairy tale is Frontiers based on? Plus, Sonic’s actual friends are there too, instead of lookalikes.

I would love to see another storybook game. One based off of the “Journey to the West” would be really cool. Or maybe one based off off of the Greek/Roman mythos.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

An interesting idea, but I don’t think it is. What old story, legend, or fairy tale is Frontiers based on? Plus, Sonic’s actual friends are there too, instead of lookalikes.

I would love to see another storybook game. One based off of the “Journey to the West” would be really cool. Or maybe one based off off of the Greek/Roman mythos

Oh my god I love the storybook games so another one would be awesome!!