Awoo.

What animals would you like to see in Sonic

Cuz

What animals could this franchise use more of. We got hedgehogs, we got cats, and some rabbits. A flock of birds, but what we missing? 

Personally I miss the mongeese (I don't care if that's not the plural to mongoose). I don't know if new ones would end up looking like Mina the gang but I like that design. I don't know maybe a particularly lean bear could fit the same design standards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good grief. I think my brain just naturally leaps to the dumbest answer possible. For some reason, my mind went straight to a Sloth as a Sonic character.

I don't know if their is one in the comics, but I guess a Sloth could work, just not as a playable character. Maybe they could run an in game store or more appropriately, a hotel. A place for relaxing. I know we don't really associate such places with a Sonic game, but...it might be cool.

What? Stop looking at me! I'm trying my best over here!?

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 2

14 minutes ago, Danj86 said:

I don't know if their is one in the comics, but I guess a Sloth could work,

image.png.d051bf50f102d4455927de3c375c975d.pngimage.png.ce6526c8d01d76ce9420a8e9e97b4b20.png

The 2 sloths I can think of in this franchise. Moss if from post-reboot archie and Rocket is from an episode of Adventures. :) Nice choice.

• Thumbs Up 4

Considering we already have koalas (in the form of Blaze's subjects back over in the Sol dimension) I wouldn't mind a kangaroo to round out the australian representation. Beyond that I'm not completely sure - I feel like species in Sonic tend to be at their best when it's one everybody can recognize, even the kids, and a lot of the more obvious picks have been taken by now. Maybe a few along insectoid / scaly lines? A web grappling spider sounds like a fun mobility gimmick as far as the games are concerned.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to see a porcupine, it just seems so obvious of a choice. There's hedgehogs, echidnas, a platypus & a tenrec in IDW. All these strange animals with funny features, and three of those are spiky like a hedgehog, and yet a porcupine hasn't been done before. I think it just seems obvious, like something begging to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

I once came up with an OC called Sandy The Piper, so a sand piper could be cool as a playable newcomer, mainly cuz their legs move very quickly in real-life and it could have actually have wings unlike the other flightless birds in the franchise.

A pidgeon....more specifically a pilot style pidgeon in  the classic ww2 era pilot hat and goggles. With a scarf.

• Chuckle 1

4 hours ago, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

I'd love to see a porcupine, it just seems so obvious of a choice. There's hedgehogs, echidnas, a platypus & a tenrec in IDW. All these strange animals with funny features, and three of those are spiky like a hedgehog, and yet a porcupine hasn't been done before. I think it just seems obvious, like something begging to happen.

Gotta jump back to post-boot Archie, but there is one in there

Sonic278-2.jpg

Honestly the Team Heroes knock-off Porcupine/Fennec/Mole combo was cute. (especially considering how it washed over their true intents)

As for trading new ground, post boot Archie really let loose with the animal choices and we had a lot of gems in that lot. But I don't recall ever seeing a Cheetah, which sounds like an obvious choice for the series to lean in. There was a robot Cheetah in that episode of SatAm.... but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

• Nice Smile 1

11 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Gotta jump back to post-boot Archie, but there is one in there

Sonic278-2.jpg

Honestly the Team Heroes knock-off Porcupine/Fennec/Mole combo was cute. (especially considering how it washed over their true intents)

As for trading new ground, post boot Archie really let loose with the animal choices and we had a lot of gems in that lot. But I don't recall ever seeing a Cheetah, which sounds like an obvious choice for the series to lean in. There was a robot Cheetah in that episode of SatAm.... but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

I haven't read the Archie Comics yet, I really should give them a read.

A SCORPION

More insects. (Well, I guess IDW already done it with Jewel)

But I need a scorpion there. 

Oh oh oh, maybe dinosaurs? Or mythical creatures, like dragons and griffins.

Edited by ShadowForever
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has to be an Elephant. I'm saying this because not only do I adore Elephants, it would be interesting to see them...Mobianized? 

9 hours ago, Danj86 said:

Good grief. I think my brain just naturally leaps to the dumbest answer possible. For some reason, my mind went straight to a Sloth as a Sonic character.

I don't know if their is one in the comics, but I guess a Sloth could work, just not as a playable character. Maybe they could run an in game store or more appropriately, a hotel. A place for relaxing. I know we don't really associate such places with a Sonic game, but...it might be cool.

What? Stop looking at me! I'm trying my best over here!?

I'm with ya' buddy!

I want to see a Sonic character based on these species:

Mouse

Meerkat/Prairie Dog

Lion

Cow

Emu/Flamingo

Red panda

Moose/Caribou/Reindeer

I may have more, but I can't think at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seem to recall Flynn stating that Jewel was a hard sell to Sonic Team, because they were not interested in green-lighting another insect character.

So.... yeah, more buggers might be wishful thinking.

• Thumbs Up 1

More lizards like Trip. A frilled lizard would provide a fun visual gimmick, or something like a gecko could be able to climb walls as their ability.

• Thumbs Up 1