Awoo.

What do you think would be the theme song to the Sonic franchise?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

We have Spider-man's iconic theme, the Batman theme of the 1966 show, but what do you think is Sonic's? I'm thinking something like Sonic Boom from Sonic CD, SATAM's opening theme, or maybe Endless Possibilities. Out of those three I'd pick Sonic Boom, but what theme from the franchise do you think would be Sonic's theme song?

For me, the temptation to use one of Sonic's themes is high, but my first thought for when I first read the question was something different that I still think it appropriate, despite the game it came from being...almost unplayable.

It was Free, from Sonic Free Riders.

And yeah, I picked the Crush 40 version because Sonic and Crush 40 are like bread and butter at this point. The lyrics seem to be speaking for a desire for freedom and that is the think that Sonic wants to protect the most. It's a fairly simple reason, sure. But I felt it was an important one.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Danj86 said:

For me, the temptation to use one of Sonic's themes is high, but my first thought for when I first read the question was something different that I still think it appropriate, despite the game it came from being...almost unplayable.

It was Free, from Sonic Free Riders.

And yeah, I picked the Crush 40 version because Sonic and Crush 40 are like bread and butter at this point. The lyrics seem to be speaking for a desire for freedom and that is the think that Sonic wants to protect the most. It's a fairly simple reason, sure. But I felt it was an important one.

The lyrics do work for Sonic's character, the title of the song, "Free", is what I think Sonic's about. "Just a guy who loves adventure." A guy who says, "Careful, where's the fun in that?" Which I must say should probably be his catchphrase. Yeah, I think this could work.

Go ahead and get yourself together cause there's no time to rest

and if you put the time in he'll put you to the test. 

He's like the running man, in his world more is less.

and if you want to test him best bring your best

don't make me spell it out bring your best!

In this world (his world)

where life is strong.

To me, either Live and Learn, the Title theme of Sonic 1, His World, Endless Possibilities, I'm Here, or the Title theme from Dream Team

• Fist Bump 1

Given the environmental theme from the very start of the games, and how the opening theme is slightly discordant and begs to resolve, I'd love to hear something along the lines of Finlandia by Sibelius (of course, this is speaking from a classical music standpoint.) 

8 hours ago, Ratchet25tx said:

To me, either Live and Learn, the Title theme of Sonic 1, His World, Endless Possibilities, I'm Here, or the Title theme from Dream Team

Wow, I was thinking about exactly the same! These songs really show Sonic's undefeatable spirit and power of his friends!

Has to be Endless Possibility. Amazing song and a good choice for theme song material!

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, Ghelatlishol said:

Given the environmental theme from the very start of the games, and how the opening theme is slightly discordant and begs to resolve, I'd love to hear something along the lines of Finlandia by Sibelius (of course, this is speaking from a classical music standpoint.) 

Listening to this reminds me of The World Adventure, the title from Unleashed. They both sound like the music to the opening credits to a classic like Jason and the Argonauts or Clash of the Titans, not those titans. I could honestly see this working for Sonic, the calming yet adventurous feel works for the idea and nature and what the character had that theme of for so long.

• Fist Bump 1