Awoo.

Dynamic duos

ChaosCTRL

Typically when you think of two Sonic characters working together, certain characters are often paired together, like Sonic and Tails, Silver and Blaze, Amy and Cream, etc. But what do you guys think would be some good team ups between characters that we either don’t see much of, or haven’t seen yet at all?

Here are a few I thought of when writing this topic:

Knuckles and Blaze: The two of them have a lot in common personality wise, being generally more stoic and serious, while not being above kicking back and enjoying themselves from time to time. They also both have an emphasis on duty and honor when it comes to their responsibilities and cultures. But their differences are notable enough to where their cooperation would be mutually beneficial under certain circumstances.

Metal Sonic and Sage: I just love the concept of these two having a brother/sister dynamic. I want to see a mutual desire of companionship, but getting on each other’s nerves. For example, Sage’s human like compassion may frustrate Metal Sonic, and Metal’s brash actions may frustrate Sage. I would LOVE to see a boss fight where Sonic has to take them both on at once.

Vector and Big: I can see these two hanging out on a boat, cracking open a six pack of Chao Cola, and fishing together with a radio in the background. Maybe the other Chaotix are there too, I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

A good question to be honest. We've seen hints of Eggman and Tails in the past...be keen to see that developed further...maybe with a bit of Metal Sonic thrown in for good measure.

Would also like to see Shadow and Mighty... a no-nonsense combination, and finally Silver teamed up with Chatoix (all 3). 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, castell-neath said:

We've seen hints of Eggman and Tails in the past...be keen to see that developed further...

I agree. I'd love to see those two working together and combining their genius minds to save the day! I really want it to happen!

• Fist Bump 2

I'd like to see a Knuckles and Tails team up. We get a lot of Sonic and Tails / Sonic and Knuckles, but this third combination doesn't happen near as much as I'd like. It has a lot of potential too, with Tails being a timid kid who tackles problems through brainpower and Knuckles preferring to punch before he thinks. I imagine them having a brotherly bond like Sonic and Tails do, but with more frustration due to their different approaches to problems.

And if we're going the comedy route...Tangle and Surge. Could you imagine the dialogue? The hijinks? Surge grabbing Tangle by the tail and whirling her over her head like a flail when they fight enemies? Tangle finding ways to get back at her for that mid-battle? They would accomplish nothing together but it would be funny, trust me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Gruffin said:

I'd like to see a Knuckles and Tails team up. We get a lot of Sonic and Tails / Sonic and Knuckles, but this third combination doesn't happen near as much as I'd like. It has a lot of potential too, with Tails being a timid kid who tackles problems through brainpower and Knuckles preferring to punch before he thinks. I imagine them having a brotherly bond like Sonic and Tails do, but with more frustration due to their different approaches to problems.

I think we got hints of that towards the end of Sonic movie 2. I hope we get more of that during Sonic movie 3 also.

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Gruffin said:

And if we're going the comedy route...Tangle and Surge. Could you imagine the dialogue? The hijinks? Surge grabbing Tangle by the tail and whirling her over her head like a flail when they fight enemies? Tangle finding ways to get back at her for that mid-battle? They would accomplish nothing together but it would be funny, trust me.

This is absolute gold. I can imagine Kit, Lanolin, or Whisper trying to make the two of them think rationally, but to no avail.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, ChaosCTRL said:

Metal Sonic and Sage: I just love the concept of these two having a brother/sister dynamic. I want to see a mutual desire of companionship, but getting on each other’s nerves. For example, Sage’s human like compassion may frustrate Metal Sonic, and Metal’s brash actions may frustrate Sage. I would LOVE to see a boss fight where Sonic has to take them both on at once.

This but Knuckles and Cream, though to a lesser extent regarding the frustration part (they might tease/annoy each other at times, but still in a friendly and funny way). Sometimes Knuckles would act less mature than usual when paired with Cream, forgetting that he's supposed to act as the older brother (such as, maybe getting angry when losing to a game, or whatever); they would still be companions and unlike other characters, Knuckles would trust her more and leave more responsibilities to her (for example, in a fight, he would let her support him side by side instead of leaving her out of the fight and attempting to protect her such as other characters would do). They would enjoy to play together. EDIT: It would be funny to see Cream lose her patience and stop acting polite when having a little quarrel with Knuckles.

Rouge and Fang as "frienemies" also, in constant competition over getting a treasure before the other, and such. The two characters have a similar interest in treasures, though they are also characterized very differently, so it would be funny to see the two of them together and interacting. Too bad that there's that classic/modern split which prevents the two characters to meet each other unless it's another Generations like scenario.

Edited by Iko
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Iko said:

This but Knuckles and Cream, though to a lesser extent regarding the frustration part (they might tease/annoy each other at times, but still in a friendly and funny way). Sometimes Knuckles would act less mature than usual when paired with Cream, forgetting that he's supposed to act as the older brother (such as, maybe getting angry when losing to a game, or whatever); they would still be companions and unlike other characters, Knuckles would trust her more and leave more responsibilities to her (for example, in a fight, he would let her support him side by side instead of leaving her out of the fight and attempting to protect her such as other characters would do). They would enjoy to play together. EDIT: It would be funny to see Cream lose her patience and stop acting polite when having a little quarrel with Knuckles.

A Knuckles and Cream team up where Knuckles is a protective yet slightly annoying older brother figure to Cream sounds adorable, and now I need it.

2 hours ago, Iko said:

Rouge and Fang as "frienemies" also, in constant competition over getting a treasure before the other, and such. The two characters have a similar interest in treasures, though they are also characterized very differently, so it would be funny to see the two of them together and interacting. Too bad that there's that classic/modern split which prevents the two characters to meet each other unless it's another Generations like scenario.

Sounds like a fun dynamic, honestly. I can see them teaming up to steal the Master Emerald, but getting in each other’s way so much that they fail, and Knuckles catches them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Hmm... Shadow and Tikal would seem like quite the interesting pair... Having lost the things they loved in ways that eventually almost led to global destruction, all because of short-sighted leaders wanting to be in control at all times... another interesting aspect being the link to Chaos Energy they would share (Tikal as her spirit was linked to the Master Emerald, and Shadow being created to channel it naturally)... I also believe both are characters who, even if deep down, all they want is for the world to be in peace... except that last part depends a little too much on who's writing Shadow...

spacer.png

(image by "dreamcastzx2"... this one is cute but the others can be a bit too spicy, so don't look them up. '^')

24 minutes ago, White_Ninjakoopa said:

Hmm... Shadow and Tikal would seem like quite the interesting pair... Having lost the things they loved in ways that eventually almost led to global destruction, all because of short-sighted leaders wanting to be in control at all times... another interesting aspect being the link to Chaos Energy they would share (Tikal as her spirit was linked to the Master Emerald, and Shadow being created to channel it naturally)... I also believe both are characters who, even if deep down, all they want is for the world to be in peace... except that last part depends a little too much on who's writing Shadow...

spacer.png

(image by "dreamcastzx2"... this one is cute but the others can be a bit too spicy, so don't look them up. '^')

I can see that. The two of them sharing similar motivations. The only problem with that is, in terms of canon, Tikal, along with Chaos, proceeded to the afterlife at the end of SA1, while Shadow was still in stasis in a G.U.N. base.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:37 PM, ChaosCTRL said:

I can see that. The two of them sharing similar motivations. The only problem with that is, in terms of canon, Tikal, along with Chaos, proceeded to the afterlife at the end of SA1, while Shadow was still in stasis in a G.U.N. base.

Welp, besides the Versus mode for "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle"... we DO see Chaos sharing spacetime with Shadow in "Sonic Battle", which is canon to "Sonic Advance 3", which is canon to "IDW", if not also to the mainline games... though, it is true canon IS a bit of a loose word right now, with those Tangle and Stick mentions in "Sonic Frontiers"... and there's also that "Knuckles Prologue" animation which should confirm Chaos and Tikal are still around in some shape or form... it just looks like the OG Sonic Adventure ending was rectonned... but on the good side, it's not 100% impossible for Tikal and Shadow to meet someday!..