Awoo.

What do Sonic characters watch on TV?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

After a hard day of work, be it fighting Eggman, building machines, protecting the Master Emerald, etc., what do the people of Sonic world watch? This can be a pre-existing program, a genre or type of show.

Seeing as Amy says in The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog that she, "Loves a true crime podcast", I think she watches a few documentaries.

Tails and Eggman would probably watch science documentaries.

Amy would be romantic films.

Sonic would be sports programming.

Chaotix would watch crime thrillers.

Knuckles doesn't watch tv. He doesn't get good reception on Angel Island.

I don’t think Sonic watches tv often. He finds more joy in running. But if he does wind down and watch tv, it would probably be something fast paced and action packed, like a superhero movie, a horror movie, a crime thriller, or something similar.

Tails probably watches documentaries on various engineers and machines, as research for projects of his own. 

I can see Amy watching some sort of true crime content. But I definitely think Amy would also watch comedy/romance movies.

I don’t see Knuckles watching tv any. Too busy guarding the Emerald, and I don’t think Angel Island has much in terms of modern technology.

Shadow would probably just watch the news and make cynical comments about current events.

Vector watches gaming content on YouTube. Crocs are natural gamers.

10 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Knuckles doesn't watch tv. He doesn't get good reception on Angel Island.

10 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

I don’t see Knuckles watching tv any. Too busy guarding the Emerald, and I don’t think Angel Island has much in terms of modern technology.

Actually, in Sonic Battle, it was confirmed that Knuckles was able to get Satellite TV on Angel Island from the Holy Summit...somehow:knuxing:

Edited by Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Actually, in Sonic Battle, it was confirmed that Knuckles was able to get Satellite TV on Angel Island from the Holy Summit...somehow:knuxing:

Really? Huh, interesting. Any info on what he watched?

If Knuckles does manage to get some satellite TV on Angel Island, then I'd assume he'd be watching whatever came in on the signal the most clearly. 

So basically, older movies and PBS cooking shows.

• Chuckle 1

Sonic looks like an action movies person(in the movies you know?),

Tails watches engineering documentaries,

Knuckles watches random stuff because he has no idea what to do,

Amy watches Rom- Coms,

Vector watches crime documentaries and memes,

Espio watches anime,

Cream watches bake offs with her mom, 

Charmy watches gaming channels and stunts on youtube,

And Shadow watches the news and some edgy stuff.

• Promotion 2

For Amy, I would've said the Shopping Channel but...do those still exist?

I do unfortunately know that fishing shows exist, (The most boring thing. In the world.) so that might interest Big.

Knuckles has a job 24/7 job so he can't watch TV. Plus it might distract him from watching the Master Emerald, but if had a security camera and feed, I'd imagine he'd watch the Master Emerald through that.

I don't see Sonic watching TV either. You might think travel shows but it's be faster for him to just go there in person.

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

I hope we can all agree that Cream would have been restricted from watching YouTube Kids.

Keep the poor girl away from yt kids lol

• Chuckle 1

Sonic - sports / cookery channel

Tails - News channel / Travel shows

Knuckles -UFC / Boxing / WWE

Eggman - WW2 films / Star Wars

Metal Sonic - Robot Wars

Amy - Love Island / Jennifer Aniston Films

Shadow - Reacher / Bourne / Bond

Rouge - Shopping channel / Adult Channel

Silver - History documentaries / Sci Fi channel

Blaze -The Crown

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic would probably watch the sports channel (maybe track and field comps)

Tails would watch documentaries over science and innovation

Amy would watch cooking shows and rom coms

Knuckles doesn't watch tv but if he did it would be crime and action movies.

Shadow would have a police scanner so he wouldn't watch tv lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Might as well throw my hat in the ring and say that Sticks would listen to radio, stuff of the conspiracy variety of course. Like yeah, she generally hates technology, but she did have a radio and even started her own radio show in Boom so I assume the same would apply to her mainline counterpart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Team Sonic tries to watch family movies together, but it ends in disaster. Knuckles is like a dad and conks out as soon as Tails hits 'play', and Sonic is too inattentive to make it all the way through anything. He loses track of what is happening, rapid-fire asks a ton of questions, and then when Tails is sufficiently frustrated, he gives up and goes for a run. He knows parts of movies, but couldn't tell you the full plot of anything except his favorites, most of which happen to be 1980s teen comedies.

On his own, Tails enjoys picking apart badly researched documentaries. If he's working, he likes to put on something less demanding like old sitcoms as background noise.

Amy's your stereotypical true crime and hallmark romance watcher.

Team Dark likes their action movies, but Rouge also introduced Shadow and Omega to her soaps and now they're hooked. They're just as invested in the drama as they are in action scenes.

The Chaotix can't afford to watch anything. Movie tickets? Subscription services? Forget about it. And there is certainly no piracy going on in this establishment. Definitely not.

Eggman tried to introduce Sage to preschool cartoons, but it turns out that she thinks they're boring and Eggman got waaay too into them instead. He claims he only watches them for Sage's sake, but the opposite is actually true.

Silver is addicted to horror/slasher movies, to his own detriment.

Metal has created a compilation of footage of Sonic getting beat up that he likes to play on repeat.

Blaze typically doesn't have time to watch TV, but is willing to join in and watch whatever anyone else is watching should they invite her.

Don't know why people assumed Knuckles cannot watch any television when it was confirmed on the Twitter Takedowns that he can visit Cream's house to watch One-Punch Man/ or any action shows. Also, may love wrestling/UFC/boxing events. Also glancing at other major sports.

For everyone else's tastes:

Sonic: Action, sports (primary anything that is considered as racing such as Indy 500 or Track and Field), competitive shows, music videos.

Tails: documentaries and DIY shows, possibly glancing on channels like HGTV,  shonen anime (confirmed liked MHA), YouTube, certain cartoon shows, science and technology shows, also watches game/competitive shows.

Amy: Rom-Coms, sitcoms, shojo anime, live concert streamings, Food Network/HGTV/Cooking Channels, Shopping (QVC), True Crime, Hallmark, BBC mysteries, etc.,

Cream: cartoons, kiddie shows, cooking channels with Vanilla, (NEXT show probably aired on Sonic's world), game shows

Vanilla: Anything as long it isn't horrific, super graphic for violence or have anything inappropriate (sexual).

Shadow and Omega: NONE but followed Rouge's tastes, much to their dismay. (Shadow may also watch live music concerts, thanks to Amy).

Speaking of Rouge: I bet she'll watch soaps and talk shows. I may include shows and movies that are dramas, thrillers, suspense and horror. Oh, and she's a DIE-HARD Reality TV show watcher (which actually pissed off Shadow even more!)

The Chaotix: Vector would probably watch detective/police stories and dramas, maybe like Law and Order/Chicago/Blue Bloods/Will Trent as examples. Also dabbed into late night comedy shows. Espio: probably anything action, thriller, and suspense or international media, especially Japanese. Charmy is a full-blown cartoon watcher, especially for Looney Tunes/Tom and Jerry-like cartoons. He probably goes to near South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy-type shows but Vector desperately tries to stop him from watching.

Silver: Anything to bring excitement, guilty pleasures are thrillers and horrors

Blaze: Since she's a princess, I don't think she have the pleasures of watching TV or seeing movies (theaters that shows plays, however, are that norm in her world). But whenever she visits Sonic's world, she goes watches whatever Cream and Vanilla watches.

Eggman: Wrestling, science and technology shows like Tails, or anything that may amuses him or considered as background noise.

Big: Doesn't watch any TV at all but will definitely love the Fishing channel.

Edited by StreetSonic2022