Awoo.

Dreams am I right?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

Have you were had some weird funny, horrific, dreams about Sonic and pals? If so, what were they about?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I mean, a night or two ago I dreamed that a 'glitchmancer' was warping the fabric of reality and had for some reason replaced Antoine with a doppelganger of Antoine. (This was very likely inspired by a similar storyline in the Archie comics where Evil Antoine was impersonating Antoine.)

Sonic eventually figured out that this version of Antoine wasn't legit, and apparently despite not being legit Antoine's copy agreed to help Sonic look for the real Antoine. The two of them found the culprit (I don't clearly remember any details on who this 'glitchmancer' was but they were definitely a shadowy OC my brain invented on the spot), but the glitchmancer used their powers to make a copy of Sonic that the real Sonic and the fake Antoine had to fight.

The dream ended with fake Antoine jumping at the fake Sonic and pushing them both off a cliff, with Sonic freeing the real Antoine from some sort of cryosleep. I have no idea what happened to the glitchmancer or if they'll appear in my dreams again so Sonic and the real Antoine can avenge the fake Antoine, but it'd be nice to get some closure on that one.

Edited by Lorekitten
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

One time, I dreamt that I was Knuckles. I was standing in front of the Master Emerald shrine. I stood there for what felt like an hour, closely staring at the horizon for any intruders. I turned around, and the Master Emerald had broken. I cursed, and then my alarm clock woke me up.

1 hour ago, Lorekitten said:

I mean, a night or two ago I dreamed that a 'glitchmancer' was warping the fabric of reality and had for some reason replaced Antoine with a doppelganger of Antoine. (This was very likely inspired by a similar storyline in the Archie comics where Evil Antoine was impersonating Antoine.)

Sonic eventually figured out that this version of Antoine wasn't legit, and apparently despite not being legit Antoine's copy agreed to help Sonic look for the real Antoine. The two of them found the culprit (I don't clearly remember any details on who this 'glitchmancer' was but they were definitely a shadowy OC my brain invented on the spot), but the glitchmancer used their powers to make a copy of Sonic that the real Sonic and the fake Antoine had to fight.

The dream ended with fake Antoine jumping at the fake Sonic and pushing them both off a cliff, with Sonic freeing the real Antoine from some sort of cryosleep. I have no idea what happened to the glitchmancer or if they'll appear in my dreams again so Sonic and the real Antoine can avenge the fake Antoine, but it'd be nice to get some closure on that one.

That sounds like something that would be in an actual issue of the Archie Sonic run. (Then again, evil Antoine actually WAS, so maybe that’s why). The glitchmancer sounds like a fun villain idea. Reminds me of Infinite with the fake clones thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, ChaosCTRL said:

That sounds like something that would be in an actual issue of the Archie Sonic run. (Then again, evil Antoine actually WAS, so maybe that’s why). The glitchmancer sounds like a fun villain idea. Reminds me of Infinite with the fake clones thing.

I miss the Archie comics. So very much. And I guess you're right, because it does sound like a plotline they could've actually had... but then, they had one plotline where Tails was kidnapped by Mammoth Mogul and replaced with a fake Tails for some reason, so after that it would've just felt repetitive to do it again.

• Fist Bump 1

Oh boy, yup I've had weird Sonic dreams all right, I remember one was about meeting Sonic mascot costumes, specfically the ones seen at SEGA Republic in Dubai(now closed), mainly about meeting them, which for Sonic dreams, for me It's a common occurence. Just meeting characters.

For SOME KIND OF REASON, I dreamt that Classic Sonic just crashed at my house and helped me escape. I asked him to take me to Seattle,WA but instead he took me to his planet and I met some characters like Tails and Amy, and fought Eggman somehow using kung-fu moves that I learned when I was 6 (I don't know how I remembered that), Then I met Knuckles who cracked random jokes which weren't funny, and I woke up after that. Another dream I had was that I got my own pet chao, named Waffle, which had more power than Cheese. I took it everywhere and people would say "what a nice Pokemón you got there!" and Waffle would just slap em in the face. And this last one is not related to the Sonic universe but I dreamt that I went to the Sonic Symphony before I bought tickets to the one in San Antonio. It was an amazing dream and the actual Sonic Symphony is an amazing experience. Well, in conclusion, my Sonic dreams aren't too crazy :).

• Nice Smile 2

14 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

Another dream I had was that I got my own pet chao, named Waffle, which had more power than Cheese. I took it everywhere and people would say "what a nice Pokemón you got there!" and Waffle would just slap em in the face.

To be fair, the standard Chao does bear a passing resemblance to the Pokemon Manaphy and Phione. Likely they're based on the same type of sea slug, the sea angel, which iirc is kind of a big deal in Japan.

• Nice Smile 2

Had a dream once that I was falling into a black bottomless abyss while falling towards me was Super Sonic, but he looked demon like and definitely wasn't going to help me. He was after me. All this while the Game Over theme played, too.

I think I was 7. Traumatic night, that one.

1 hour ago, Ghelatlishol said:

Had a dream once that I was falling into a black bottomless abyss while falling towards me was Super Sonic, but he looked demon like and definitely wasn't going to help me. He was after me. All this while the Game Over theme played, too.

Kinda gives me Fleetway Super Sonic vibes, even reminds about the nightmares about him in the actual comics. This is the panel it reminded me of.

hqdefault.jpg

• My Emmerdoods 1

I have Sonic dreams pretty often (AND I ENJOY THEM), but unfortunately I don't remember most of those. One time, I travelled with Shadow and Tikal around magic ruins in a mythic forest looking for Water Temple Treasure, avoiding traps and solving puzzles (And I was a wasp in it, that's the reason my art blogs are named Blade the Wasp). Too bad I don't remember the ending. Another time Sonic, Shadow, Silver, and Blaze got shipwrecked while looking for a Chaos Emerald, but they escaped and found a beautiful underwater island, named Island of Silence. There was an evil spirit that wanted to keep them away from each other, but after lots of adventures they found the Emerald and came back home. And that's all I can remember, hope to see more wonderful adventures! Oh, and I think they all exist, but in another reality, reality of dreams...

• Nice Smile 1

I had a dream where I was fighting Sonic.EXE with team Sonic and my Ratchet and Clank OC, Tecks.

5 hours ago, Ghelatlishol said:

Oh, shoot, now THAT's scary

• Nice Smile 2
  • Absolutely 1

I had a dream a year ago that I was in Sonic Frontiers with Sonic and we supercharged to beat Giganto, but he ate us...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

A dream I had a few weeks ago was one where I was walking to McDonald's with my family and I a Sonic the Hedgehog balloon. For some reason this version of Sonic wore clothes, of course this meant I was having a nightmare. I vaguely remember Silver appear, I think, I saw this kid with another balloon, forgot what it was, mine flew off deflated and then NateWantsToBattle's remix of His World started playing as everyone had there lips out with sad eyes. Maybe I ate something before bed, I dunno.

13 hours ago, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

Kinda gives me Fleetway Super Sonic vibes, even reminds about the nightmares about him in the actual comics. This is the panel it reminded me of.

hqdefault.jpg

I've never seen that before and that's pretty much what it looked like...dear God...

Last night, I dreamt about Sonic Frontiers, except The End wasn't in cyberspace and was just looming over all the Starfall Islands. There was also a Guardian that looked Knight but smaller and covered in white, like Supreme or Asura and it had all these minions that it commanded. I was able to defeat The End, and I ended up in someone's house with all the characters and I think it was either Tails or Ray, but they said a very, very rude word. I don't remember anything else, but that ending was hilarious.

• Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

Last night, I dreamt about Sonic Frontiers, except The End wasn't in cyberspace and was just looming over all the Starfall Islands. There was also a Guardian that looked Knight but smaller and covered in white, like Supreme or Asura and it had all these minions that it commanded. I was able to defeat The End, and I ended up in someone's house with all the characters and I think it was either Tails or Ray, but they said a very, very rude word. I don't remember anything else, but that ending was hilarious.

I kind of wish we could see the End hovering over the islands as we explore the open zone, slowly getting closer or something. Would add a layer of urgency to the situation.

• Fist Bump 1

So, just had a dream last night. But it was about Sonic X, with this weird prison with Minecraft pigs in it. I also remember Ariem taking Cream's place, but hey that's what dreams are like. Plus, there was this part where the villain, who I don't remember one bit, used this weird monologue to just take all the Chaos Emeralds, as well as a character taking a super form that looked like the final boss of Miitopia.

I dreamt that I was Tails. All I did was spin my Tails. Sonic came in after a while and threw me in Amy's house for some reason.

On 12/27/2023 at 8:27 PM, Lorekitten said:

To be fair, the standard Chao does bear a passing resemblance to the Pokemon Manaphy and Phione. Likely they're based on the same type of sea slug, the sea angel, which iirc is kind of a big deal in Japan.

Yeah, thats true! But one thing that all Pokemon like Chao don't have are emotion balls, or so I say.

• Absolutely 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night where I was Sonic and the metal virus arc was happening, but there were these weird monster things that reminded me of metroids, though they may have appeared cause I'd just watched Wreck it Ralph last night and may have been thinking of the cyberbugs. Not only that, but there was this origami knight looking guy, I don't remember much of him though. There was a tower from Frontiers, the regular short ones with the climb able walls, not the ones on Rhea Island, and it was covered in the Metal Virus but it looked more like mashed banana, cream and custard. Oh and Rouge was there and not infected.