Awoo.

A story about Sonic travelling through time and seeing an evil future version of himself

sonic_the_cuber

What if there was a story where Sonic wanted to reverse something negative that happened in his life, and he goes back in time to fix it, but he creates a corrupted evil version of himself??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

Sonic the Hedgehog In the fourth dimension ends up with some extra Sonics due to time travel stuff and one gets caught in the accident that creates Robotnik becoming Cinos but its also resolved quickly.

That's a good idea, if only SEGA had the gall to go through with an evil Sonic. They've done it in the past, but it's been obscure and kept intentionally vague. Take Scourge for example. Technically he's a variation of Sonic, but they changed his appearance and personality. Basically anything that connected him to the Sonic we know had to be heavily altered. 

I mean, if you really want a story like this, there's always fanfiction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. Y'know, the premise alone sounds very similar to Sonic CD in some ways. At least, on a basic level. Sonic could time travel, Metal Sonic is kind of like a standee for an evil Sonic. They even only "fight" on future Stardust Speedway.

However, Sonic being responsible for creating an evil entity would be new for the series. It is actually fairly common in fiction, I had literally come from Youtube after watching a video about Dr. Neo Cortex from Crash Bandicoot who is a perfect example of creating his own nemesis. Although I think it might be more common the other way around. I don't know if they ever solidified an origin for The Joker from Batman, but one of them involved Batman unwittingly creating The Joker in a roundabout way.

Anyway, it's an interesting idea and could help Sonic not look so perfect all the time. I recall Lost World trying to make it seem like Sonic's rash actions created a larger problem, but the game kinda failed in getting that across and even manufactured a rift between Sonic and Tails that came from out of no where. Heck, due to the lyrics of his theme, I remember us thinking Infinite had some sort of tussle with Sonic before he got his powers, but that turned out to be Shadow.

But they might not go the evil Sonic route. I've seen his older concept art and that's practically the original pitch for who would eventually become Shadow.