Awoo.

Could it be that the Reverie and the Phantom Ruby are somehow related

AlexHidanBR

Sonic Dream Team introduces a device called "Reverie" which can manifest stuff from dreams into the real world, and Sonic Forces introduced the Phantom Ruby, which can morph the perception of reality to whatever the user desires.

Ok they are not the same thing but they are similar... for example, imagine me, with the Phantom Ruby, i can use it to create a clone of myself, but its not actually my clone, it just that everyone will think its my clone because that's how I changed their perpection of reality - but then lets say that I use the Reverie instead to do that, I can dream about having a clone then it will manifest in the real world.

I guess in Reverie's case, my clone will actually be my clone... but in Phantom Ruby's case, my clone would still actually be my clone because, well, if everyone believes my clone exists, so it exists.

I may be going nuts here but seems to me that this capacity of placing fictional things into reality, which both Reverie and Phantom Ruby can do, are somehow related, even if the two devices uses different methods to do that.

What do you guys think?

• Nice Smile 1

That's extreeeemely loose connection. Reverie and Maginary World have the same theme, so it is reasonable to hypothesize they are connected. 

But "can do a similar thing" is like saying Tangle must have Dark Gaia energy like Werehog because "stretchy body".

On 12/21/2023 at 3:41 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

That's extreeeemely loose connection. Reverie and Maginary World have the same theme, so it is reasonable to hypothesize they are connected. 

But "can do a similar thing" is like saying Tangle must have Dark Gaia energy like Werehog because "stretchy body".

Ok i guess i'm stretching here but idk i think i could see a way for them to have, like, some kind of original source for their powers in common, but then again, I should see more about the Reverie before further thinking...

I guess they can't be related, since this is brand-new (reverie), but it still don't make sense about the Phantom Ruby in Mania and Forces...