• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonicka

• DaBigJ

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic have always continued to evolve whatever the Fortnite experience is supposed to be (outside of the large community created levels). We've gone from... what... PvE action building survival co-op, to Battle build Royale, to plain Battle Royale as well as continuing to hold the biggest crossover of multimedia properties in the world. 

I honestly expected something a lot more simplistic with the LEGO collab (EG, just some basic skins or in game events to tie in for a few weeks) but they seem to have gone all out and created an entirely separate mode, so much so that you can create and incorporate your own loadouts for Lego Fortnite. The most impressive thing is the free (if you have already purchased / unlocked) lego skin variants which will compliment the 1,200 skins released / on rotation. One of the only generous things EPIC have given away to the community.  

Not really sure about LEGO's survival build mode and what this will entail, but I'd summarise that they are trying attract Minecraft players (and of course, younger kids) to the game with these  "friendlier modes", especially given that lots of cosmetic content recently underwent new age restriction policies. 

It's not just LEGO though, the day after they're launching Rocket League Racing (a new in game racing mode from the Rocket Team Developers), and a day after that a Festival Mode - a rhythm-based music simulator created by the Harmonix team (yes, THAT same team). It even looks like it will play similar to Rock Band / GH.

Whilst all this is rather interesting, I still can't help but feel for the 180 staffers that got laid off just a couple of months back. Considering this incoming content and Epic just having had their most profitable month of the year when they decided to revisit an older Fortnite map... I don't quite feel the cause to celebrate just yet. 

Edited by Sonicka