Awoo.

A little something about advanced techniques in Sonic games

Shiny Gems

https://celeste.ink/wiki/Techniques

https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Trick_Jumping

Take a look at these, everyone who is reading this thread. These are techniques for movement for at least two video games, the first one being about techniques from the indie game, Celeste and the second one having a list of jump tricks from the Halo series from Microsoft. Personally, I think these look cool, as in all of them.

Now, I don't know about how many of such techniques are in Sonic games anymore, but I would like to see more of them. Maybe if they gave the 3D modern Sonic games momentum physics like in the 2D classic Sonic games, there could be more techniques that could be usable and be used for things like speedrunning, enhancing gameplay, etc. even though momentum physics do not have to be necessarily involved to make good techniques. I do think there were some techniques using momentum in the 2D classic Sonic games, but at least in Sonic in particular, there were not enough moves for that much of a varied set of techniques aside from using the Spin Dash (I could be wrong).

But anyway, let me ask: What advanced techniques would you like to see in Sonic games and how would you like them handled? Whether or not such techniques include momentum physics from the classics, I am sure having more advanced techniques in Sonic games in general could be fun. Advanced techniques could be for any move (or combination of moves), any character (other than Sonic), or use different aspects of the environment, and can be just limited to your imagination. Aside from that, would you like to see more advanced techniques in Sonic games at all? If the techniques happen to not be movement based, feel free to describe what other kinds of techniques you would like to see if there are any.

• Thumbs Up 1