Awoo.

Jeffrey Fowler Confirms Sonic 3 Movie Has Begun Filming With Actors With Shadow Tease

nuckles87

• Sonic News

After months of delays and waiting, Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog 3 has finally begun filming its actors! Director Jeffrey Fowler confirmed this via a tweet, where he also teased Shadow and reconfirmed the movie's December 20, 2024 release date. So things haven't been delayed as of yet.

Check out the tweet, and the image of Shadow Fowler posted, below:

The production was originally set to begin filming at the end of August, before the SAG-AFTRA strike delayed those plans. Over the course of the strike, the production started by filming scenes that didn't require actors, shooting we have since seen some leaks from. Now that the SAG-AFTRA strike appears to be over, the production is free to begin shooting scenes with actors.

Going by the length of previous Sonic movie shoots, this should probably only take a couple months at most. But there is one potential snag: while the SAG-AFTRA strike is over, the actors have not yet approved their new contract. They have until December 5th to vote on the contract, and if a majority do not approve of the deal, SAG-AFTRA will need to restart negotiations with the AMPTP. There have been rumblings on social media of actors wanting more restrictions on how Hollywood productions can utilize AI. If the contract falls through, the strike will likely restart. 

We'll know by next week. As before, a strike can be prevented by the studios simply giving the actors what they want. 

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Thankful Gems
Original Post Content:

View full story

Edited by nuckles87
  • Nice Smile 6

Legit? If yes, then oh boy, the ultimate life form looks rad. Guess it all starts with this...

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Can't wait to see how they incorporate the original story into this one! But in all seriousness, if there's a delay due to negotiations, the actors have to do what they have to do! Still, this would be an awesome Christmas/Birthday present for me next year 😍

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

I will officially go all crazy when I go to watch it in the movie theater. If you see this person just going all out crazy, thats me.

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 3

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN 

The shoes look amazing!! I'm so excited to see what they do with Shadow!

• Fist Bump 3

If you look at the rings you can see a vertical line on each. Like they are clipped on. Does this mean we might get a moment Shadow takes off the inhibitor rings?

• Nice Smile 1
  • My Emmerdoods 3

OMG!!!!  This is so AWESOME!  I really love Shadow's shoes and that Sonic 3 logo looks so amazing!!!  Now, I'm even more excited for this movie!

• Fist Bump 3

I'm a broken record at this point, but they need to do a better job monetizing these shoes. No super-limited edition crap. Just let me buy a pair.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Absolutely 1

4 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

If you look at the rings you can see a vertical line on each. Like they are clipped on. Does this mean we might get a moment Shadow takes off the inhibitor rings?

That would be amazing :)

• Fist Bump 4