Awoo.

Grand Theft Auto VI (2025)

Jango

So.

I'm pretty sure an official non-official topic already exists here... but... since the Forum's wipeout, things have gotten a little harder to find... ahem...

trevor-fall-lol.gif

That been said, unless you're living under a rock, you already know (and you're also probably tired of knowing!) that Rockstar Games will officially reveal the trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto game in early December, 2023.

The text-only annoucement tweet is, and will probably remain as untill the actual reveal trailer drops, the most liked gaming-related tweet in the history of TwXter. So take that as an antecipation meter.

As you may also know, the original GTA V came out in 2013 for the PS3 and Xbox 360, mere 5 years after GTA IV. This "little game" is the most profitable product of entertainment of all time (and this article is from 5 years ago!), and it's currently available on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Series X/S and PC... and, if you think about it, the PS2 has 5 different GTA games, meanwhile, GTA V has 3 different PlayStations... yet...

These 10+ years of waiting certainly did good for Rockstar Games, as they have been extensively milking GTA Online ever since, with arguibly some cool stuff here and there, but the complete lack of any real single-player DLC, resulted in hundreds, upon hundres of fake rumours and leaks all over the internet to fill the gap, and one notorious real leak in late 2022. At some point, the community started to believe (jokely and actually) that anything Rockstar posted on social media could be considered a clue, a hint, a reference, even a release date, for GTA VI:

Besides the mentioned leak from 2022, nothing has ever been confirmed true.

As for Rockstar Games themselves, once at the top of the industry, the studio has seen many of its key members leave over the past few years, including Dan Houser, co-founder of R* and writer for nearly every 3D GTA game to date, Leslie Benzies, producer, game designer and director, among other veterans like Lazlow Jones. You see, even the duo who made the extremelly iconic covers and artworks has left in 2018/2019. Holes started to appear on this boat when the less than stellar, overpriced, so called """Definitive Edition""" of the GTA Trilogy hit stores in late 2021, with an extense list of technical issues, bugs, glitches (some of which haven't been fixed to this day!) and of course, more controversy, as R* simply decided to delist the original games from PC/Steam. They later added them back, but AFAIK, you can only play them using Rockstar's dedicated game launcher... so there's that.

As if that wasn't enough, R* had it's awfull culture exposed in 2018 by Jason Schreier.

On top of that, Take Two, the company that owns Rockstar Games, declared war against modders, shutting down many projects and even filing lawsuits against dozen of creators... needless to say, it's a fuc**d up situation all around.

Add all of that to the previously mentioned decade-long farming of GTA Online and we have another case of a titanic studio who has fall from grace in recent years.

rockstar-games-grand-theft-auto.gif

But what about GTA 6?

What do you mean what about it? Oh, right, this is a GTA topic. Well, first, we don't even know if it's gonna be called GTA VI/6/Six. The announcement tweet only said "next Grand Theft Auto". It could simply be called Grand Theft Auto. Or, they could copy Mortal Kombat and call it Grand Theft Auto 1! Even better: Grand Theft Auto: Mobile.

Jokes aside, yeah, R* may be kinda shitty right now, but people will love GTA no matter what. So be safe and ready in your bunker for when the trailer drops, coz' it's gonna break the internet. Remember where you were.

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-react.gif

So what are your expectations?

Edited by Jango

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jango

• FReaK

• Ryannumber1gamer

• DaBigJ

Given how the current AAA industry works, I'm not really excited tbh.

I expect a shitton of microtransactions, if not for the offline campaign then for the new GTA online for sure. It has already been bad with the current game and I do not expect that to become better at all.

I fully expect them to even disallow or monetize modded servers because they miss out on potential profits on RP servers for example, which I play from time to time. I even have some backup for this theory. https://rockstarintel.com/rockstar-games-plans-to-monetize-fivem-and-protect-its-property-it-has-been-suggested/

So yeah. I'm not expecting much, to be honest. It will probably look stunning but..I simply don't like how modern gaming is evolving right now. I'd gladly be proven otherwise by Rockstar though.

37 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Lol?

Whoopsies

Man, they must've been so fucking PISSED HAHAHA. You can almost taste the anger is these words.

OH boy, wow. This shit look INSANE.

And to the surprise of no one R* is pulling the same shit they did with GTAV and RD2 and saving the PC release for a later date.

*sigh* I’m just tired.

If the PS5 doesn’t get that 60fps performance mode I might just hold off. The idea of dealing with 30fps in 2025 is going to be the toughest sale for me. Like shit is going to need to be a level above ToTK for that.

Otherwise yep, solid trailer. Looks incredible. Very interested in seeing more.

Yup, looks pretty alright.

I mean, from a technical standpoint it's incredible - and probably more impressive given that this is bigger leap between GTA V to VI than it was from IV to V. 

The rest, well I suppose we will see. Rockstar's open worlds aren't something I particularly relish in getting lost in anyway as it's just not up my alley. The lean into photorealism becomes a bit mundane for a videogame to me, so despite the impressive tech behind VI the art direction just looks... sort of dull and unappealing personally.  

That said, it'll no doubt be the GOAT of 2025 alongside however they handle the GTA Online aspect with this new map. 

• The title was changed to Grand Theft Auto VI (2025)