Awoo.

What are your guys favorite piece of Sonic media?

EpiclyEpicGuy

Gotta be Sonic Boom, for some reason. That show just makes me happy, then immediately makes me sad when I think about it never getting a season three. This or Sonic Adventure 2. I don't know why, but whenever I'm nervous or stressed, I always go to that game. It just....calms me down, for some reason. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 3

Sonic boom. It makes me laugh.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 2

So far, it's the IDW comics. The tone hits that perfect mix of dark/serious/funny/lighthearted that I like, the artwork's good, the action's good, and I've enjoyed the new characters from it. It's been something I look forward to each month.

Prime is a close second if not tied for first place, for pretty much the same reasons.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

It's difficult to pick one piece of media as my favourite. I could probably pick my favourite out of each type of media, e.g. favourite game = Sonic Unleashed, favourite show = Sonic Boom, favourite film = Sonic The Hedgehog 2 etc.

Though Sonic 2 is a love letter to Sonic fans everywhere, I'll have to go with Sonic Unleashed, personally. I was only 10 when it came out and playing the HD version was and still is an amazing experience. Not one game has topped it before or since for me, though Generations, Mania and Frontiers were all fantastic. Sonic Unleashed just reminds me of why I love the franchise in the first place. Fun, fast action, great characters, beautiful story, music and environments, and whether better or for worse, it isn't afraid to change things up or take risks. I love it, Werehog and all. 🐺 🌕

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Comics comics comics!!! Archie, IDW, and some fan works give me inspiration and make me happy!

Among games, I’ll pick The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog. It’s just too funny, and has lots of cameos and references! 

And TV shows are Sonic Boom (cuz it’s funny) and Sonic Prime cause it’s epic!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 3

20 hours ago, cosmichaos said:

Gotta be Sonic Boom, for some reason. That show just makes me happy, then immediately makes me sad when I think about it never getting a season three. This or Sonic Adventure 2. I don't know why, but whenever I'm nervous or stressed, I always go to that game. It just....calms me down, for some reason. 

"My fave is either the silly haha show or game where child gets shot"

I respect the range ;p

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

Easily the Archie comics. Such a good melting pot of characters from all walks of the franchise. Full of memorable moments. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic 1, 2 ,3 and S&K. This group of classic games are to me the lynchpin that holds the entire franchise together. Everything else in the franchise are based on these games, and they're still the most high-quality products within it. They're to Sonic what the original trilogy is to Star Wars or the first 8 seasons are to The Simpsons.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

My favorite serie is Sonic Prime

My favorite 2D Games is Sonic Superstars and Sonic Mania Plus

My favorite 3D Games is Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Generations 

My favorite Movie is: SONIC MOVIE 46 Coming soon.......

• Thumbs Up 1

I was 10 when Sonic the Hedgehog come out for the Sega Genesis. I remember renting the console at a local gas station. I feel in love at first button press. I got my own Mega Drive a year later with Sonic 2.

The 4 core Genesis titles will always be my favorite video games.

Sonic Adventure got me back into games after an extended hiatus. My hype level was Unreal. A small store in the sticks had gotten its hands on a Japanese import unit. Seeing Adventure for the first time was bigger than Mario 64. I have never experienced a larger generational leap in console power since. 

Edited by OldmanSonic
  • Fist Bump 1

Do toys count as media? Probably not, bit that's what I'm saying anyway! In terms of actual media, it would probably just be the games in general.

Games...For me its the "core four" S1, S2 SCD S3&K on the Mega Drive

Media...Thw Sonic Movie series. 

Comics...its a very close toss up between Sonic The Comic (Fleetway) and IDW. At the momwnt fleetway edges it...just

Books...Sonic 20th anniversary deluxe edition by Pix N Love

General Merch... Seiko Sonic 30th anniversary watch

Conventions...Again a very close toss up between Weston Super Sonic (now Sonic Fanfest) and Summer of Sonic. Cant decide...both are awsome 

I absolutely forgot about MUSIC. That's definitely the best part of Sonic history for me, especially With Me Massive Power Mix and I'm Here. These songs have such powerful vibes, and my eyes are filled with curiosity to new horizons!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite game is Sonic Advance 2, while as far as TV shows go, it has to be Sonic Underground. I really wanted to like the movies, but after the Sonic design fiasco, I was kind of thrown off and couldn't really get into them.