Awoo.

Tyson Hesse Gives Behind the Scenes Peak With Sonic Dream Team Opening Character Sheets

nuckles87

• Sonic News

If you liked the way Sonic and friends looked in Sonic Dream Team's animated opening and wanted some references, you're in luck! Tyson Hesse, who directed the opening, has posted the character sheets utilized by the animation team over at Powerhouse Animation, as he often does for his projects. 

Hesse notes in his tweet that the characters were provided unshaded at first because "I wanted them to be versatile for different looks for us to discover as we found the palettes and style." You can check them out in the link I posted earlier, or in the gallery below:

Sonic Dream Team will be releasing exclusively to Apple Arcade on December 5.

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Nice Smile 4

First of all, the these are really helpful reference sheets(side eyeing you, IDW Sonic Art Book), and second, the characters are rocking this TSR Overdrive style. I think it works really well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

They're all so adorable! I've always wanted to see Cream and Rouge in Tyson Hesse's style and I am impressed at how freakin' cute they are! I can't wait for more!

Screenshot2023-11-22at3_01_22PM.png.1ba1ba3a0b88e5b452a1e98e9ff0a4ac.pngScreenshot2023-11-22at3_02_36PM.png.00a4e40a1be53d4c1a8f044a16a89f04.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 3.03.50 PM.png

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

IMG_1855.jpeg.5473afc3060700f43cbfc73fa0bf9b1d.thumb.jpeg.f65aee11a3a273730cc7771e260122ee.jpegI mean...it's a pretty comprehensive design document but knowing what the underside of her boots look like doesn't seem that relevant.

If you ask me it'd be more important to give design details on h- :somad:

Edited by SolidSurgeTT
Felt repetitively phrased.

37 minutes ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

I mean...it's a pretty comprehensive design document but knowing what the underside of her boots look like doesn't seem that relevant.

Literally every time she lifts her feet up you see the underside of her boots. So, yes, it's relevant.

Apple Arcade subscribers when no one else can play Dream Team

lol.jgp.jpg

Edited by Ratchet25tx
Wrong picture lol

• 1 month later...

The art style is amazing, I hope to see the character designs in future games!

This somehow reminds me of sonic X I like it

• Thumbs Up 1