Awoo.

Who should voice Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic the Hedgehog 3?

Jake Heaton

Please forgive me, this is my first topic post, so it may be a bit shabby compared to others 😅

After the amazing experience that was seeing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the cinema, I feel all the voices and characterisations of the animated cast were done so faithfully to the games and were able to stand out on their own. Plus, proving professional voice actors (e.g. Colleen O' Shaughnessey) and A-list celebrities (e.g. Idris Elba) can do amazing jobs at bringing these Sonic characters to life.

SPOILERS

With the surprise of Shadow being teased in the post-credit scene of Sonic 2, it did make me wonder who'd voice him in Sonic 3. Would it be a voice actor? A celebrity? Or some other alternative? I hear some people would like a game actor to voice him and I've seen plenty of choices online for which celeb to voice him. I do like the sound of either Jason Griffith or Keanu Reeves to voice Shadow, but I'm keen to hear from you guys who you'd want to voice the Ultimate Life Form, and why you would want them to do so. 🦔

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Jason Griffith, no question. But if its going to be an actual actor... Keanu Reaves

• Thumbs Up 2

How likely do you all think we could actually get Jason in the movie for Shadow? Tails's actor made it but she's the current one.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to say Hayden Christensen. Out there  hoice I know, but dude can sound brooding yet caring, young but old and have that quiet fury which can explode. Since he's making a comeback, would be nice for him to be Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/22/2023 at 11:36 AM, juiceDpunk983 said:

How likely do you all think we could actually get Jason in the movie for Shadow? Tails's actor made it but she's the current one.

You're right, and I think having Jason Griffith back to voice Shadow would be amazing, but I don't think it's likely he will. Probably because, much like Idris Elba for Knuckles, Paramount may want another big name to their cast with star power, and, in turn, draw in a larger audience and sell more tickets. But, I'd genuinely be surprised if they decided on having Jason Griffith return.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd second Keanu. Not only would be a nice reference to the first film, where Sonic is watching Speed, but there's a video of John Wick lines with Shadow being animated to say them. Keanu would be perfect!

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I could imagine Christian Bale pulling it off if they wanna to make Shadow's voice a bit less hoarse than usual, similar to how he sounds in Prime. He has a pretty good deep & monotone voice. But ideally, I'd like for them to just recast Griffith. Probably not gonna happen though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very good choices, guys. I think the people you've all suggested would really capture Shadow's personality through his voice very well. Hopefully the film will do his character justice 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Even though my top choice would be Robert Pattinson, there is one other actor who I haven't seen anybody bring up, but I think could really pull the roll of if given the opportunity...

...Andrew Scott!

He's an actor who has a lot of range and is able to play both villainous and complex characters excellently. If you've seen him in All of Us Strangers and Sherlock, you may know what I'm talking about. The only thing is that I don't know if he'd be interested in doing a film like Sonic 3, as he tends to stick to dramas and/or comedies aimed at older audiences. But if he were to voice Shadow, I think he'd be able to pull off the core traits of the character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought about a couple of choices:

Adam Driver (for maybe some Kylo Ren-like angst)

Keith David (Halo Arbiter voice is still awesome)

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d like to see Griffith return as well, but It’s highly unlikely. Keanu Reeves would make for a good Shadow, but Another idea came to my mind.

Oscar Issac: After his performance as Spider-Man 2099 in Across the Spiderverse, I’m convinced that he’d be a great voice for Shadow

• Thumbs Up 1

They're most likely going to bring in a celebrity to voice him, but I'd be happy to see Ian Hanlin get the role after hearing him in Sonic Prime. He managed to pull off a believable Shadow voice in a range of emotions while sounding very natural.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I love Jason, but ngl, I want to see a popular celebrity take on the role. I mean, can you imagine how funny it would be for a A-List celebrity to talk about Shadow the Hedgehog? Also from like a marketing point of view, it just makes sense.

But, top choices? People have been throwing around Keanu Reeves and Robert Pattinson, both respectable and good choices, yet I think Aaron Paul could be a good Shadow. He doesn't have the grit other actors have, but he does have the angst. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching Star Wars again recently and Hayden Christensen sounds Similar to the Adventure 2 and Heroes Shadow in the way he talks. He'd be perfect if they're going the Celeb route.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of a celebrity actor, I feel like Paramount would bring back Jason. But I would like to see Keanu Reeves voice Shadow! We all know that Movie Sonic likes Keanu and he will probably ask Shadow "Why do you sound like Keanu?" and will probably like, freak out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

And as of today Keanu Reeves is officially Shadow. Looking forward to it.

• Thumbs Up 2