Awoo.

If you could bring one character from Archie or Fleetway to the main series, who would you choose?

cosmichaos

So, imagine this. You wake up one morning, sun is shining, birds are singing, it's a nice day. A good day, even. You get out of bed, get some coffee, think about taking a morning walk and then tell yourself you'll do it tomorrow, maybe watch some TV, and then you check your email. You see a recent email from Mr. SEGA himself, and it says that you have been given the uber exclusive opportunity to choose ONE and ONLY ONE character from the Archie or Fleetway run to come to the main series. There is no catch(unless you consider not being able to bring ALL the Freedom Fighters back a catch). Ignoring the logical issues with this question, who do you choose? It can be ANY character from Archie or Fleetway.

I personally would bring back Ebony from Fleetway. I know she's really obscure and like maybe 20 people known about her, but I thought she was really cool, and I would choose her to come back if given the opportunity. Johnny Lightfoot would probably be my second choice. I kind of feel like he was Sonic's damage control in Fleetway, which is hilarious to me, and he had a good arc and a good send off. Maybe don't kill him off this time, though? If they did, I would want to to be a good send off that made sense, not just one of those "I'm going to spontaneously die for no reason farewell". 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

While my favorite Archie character is Antoine (yes, seriously, for reasons I could probably write a book about), the character that I think could stand on their own without any of their supporting cast is Scourge, so that's what I'm running with. I know Sonic's got his share of rivals in the games, and arguably his share of edgy rivals in the games, but Scourge is my favorite Archie villain and he deserves better.

Hopefully SEGA would be able to make him playable without 'redeeming' him somehow, because Scourge works as a character because of his villainy. He's the antithesis to everything that Sonic is; that's who HE is, and taking that away from him would be nothing short of character assassination.

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Lorekitten said:

While my favorite Archie character is Antoine (yes, seriously, for reasons I could probably write a book about), the character that I think could stand on their own without any of their supporting cast is Scourge, so that's what I'm running with.

I was originally going to write a little section on this that said that the reason I wouldn't choose any Archie characters was because there weren't characters that would work as stand-alones, but then I remembered Scourge exists and deleted it all. Scourge is honestly a really good option, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again in the games at all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Anti-Sonic Scourge definitely, I know that we have Shadow, but cmon man, SCOURGE IS SO COOL

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, EpiclyEpicGuy said:

Anti-Sonic Scourge definitely, I know that we have Shadow, but cmon man, SCOURGE IS SO COOL

Scourge is definitely a really good evil Sonic concept. He backstory and personality is unique, and it defines him as his own character, but a potential hurdle for him is that he wants to completely isolate himself from Sonic. Like, he could be a really interesting character. Too bad he probably “belongs” to Penders. However, there was an evil King Sonic in Fleetway, and I really like how his personality and story was done as well, so if SEGA ever has the gall to make an official villain Sonic, one of those two would definitely be the way to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only one? Seems a bit unfair a limit. Sonic could do with more familiar faces non games fans definitely love seein around.

Like...

Sally Acorn, SatAM.

Because Sonic Cartoons will always be more relevant than Game Purists think to what the average Gamer or Retro Enthusiast associates with Sonic the Hedgehog.

If it's still relevant enough Bryan Lee O'Malley still jokes about it, then it's still relevant period.

I mean what can I say. Sonic loves freedom and everyone still associates him with Freedom Fighters even when Sonic Forces and Sonic Prime continue to give us Warmed Up Leftover SatAM.

We SatAM Fans stay winning.

Edited by LongcrierCat

Why not the Sally with laser swords tho? I think she kinda tops all the other incarnations of the character.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

Archie (Preboot)
An easy answer would be Sally. Even without her team, she could just take over Restoration. Scourge would be cool, but would feel redundant with Surge around (a biiit similar situation with Nicole & Sage or Shard & Mecha). And my favorite character was Elias, but he doesn't work without the whole Preboot setting.
But plot twist! I pick Feist. He was the perfect way to justify Special Stages and general additions to the world.

Archie (Reboot):
There are only 4 Reboot characters I really care for: Breezie, Honey, Eclipse and Relic. It's a close call, only Breezie feels a bit redundant with Clutch... what a heck, I'll go with Eclipse. If anything, to force more emotions out of Shadow.

Fleetway:
Hmm, there are many viable options. Brotherhood of Metallix would be so cool, maybe under rule of Neo Metal or attacking Scrapniks. Super Sonic was a great idea, but hard to use (plus would change the status quo too much). Tekno was fun, but again, a bit redundant, Shortfuse would just be a worse Omega but Plunder would be much better Babylon Rouges....
How about... BARF. Two comical mechanics working under Eggman, whose job was collecting all Badniks Sonic broke and fixing them. They were a fun concept, sad they only had 2 stories.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

Hmm. Fleetway...Go, on I'll bite...the Marxio Brothers lol.

Failing that, Tails' family from the Robin Hood / Blade Runner rip off Stories

Edited by castell-neath
  • Chuckle 4

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But plot twist! I pick Feist. He was the perfect way to justify Special Stages and general additions to the world.

That's probably the last character I would have expected anyone to choose, but I respect it. He would be an interesting addition to the lore.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Archie (Reboot):
There are only 4 Reboot characters I really care for: Breezie, Honey, Eclipse and Relic. It's a close call, only Breezie feels a bit redundant with Clutch... what a heck, I'll go with Eclipse. If anything, to force more emotions out of Shadow.

Man, I didn't even think about Eclipse! If couldn't pick a Fleetway character(or had initially thought of him) I would have chosen Eclipse. He's a really cool concept for a character and opens up a lot of opportunities for Shadow as a character. I don't know if I'm the only one who actually really liked the concept of the Black Arms and Black Doom, but it would be awesome to see them make a resurgence. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

13 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Why not the Sally with laser swords tho? I think she kinda tops all the other incarnations of the character.

Very acceptable, have a good day~

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

Man, I didn't even think about Eclipse! If couldn't pick a Fleetway character(or had initially thought of him) I would have chosen Eclipse. He's a really cool concept for a character and opens up a lot of opportunities for Shadow as a character. I don't know if I'm the only one who actually really liked the concept of the Black Arms and Black Doom, but it would be awesome to see them make a resurgence. 

It would be, if they were handled better than whatever the freaking heck the Shadow video game was supposed to be. I'm sure that a more mature Sonic series game with multiple branching paths could have been really cool if executed properly, but what we actually got was Shadow shooting up his enemies and saying the same two PG-rated swears entirely too often.

If Sega wants to distance themselves from this game as much as possible, I cannot honestly say that I blame them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...