Awoo.

Who are some villains that you'd love to eventually see return?

Xandur

6 hours ago, SomeOtherStranger said:

The Hooligans being brought back in the "Modern" games would be neat. They could act as foils for the Chaotix.

That's a great idea.  Petty criminals (well, by Sonic standards) versus detectives.  You could do something with that.

I definitely want to see Bean and Bark brought back. I loved them in the Archie comics and with Fang returning in Sonic Superstars, there's really no excuse not to use Bean and Bark again. And putting them in the 'modern era' and having them as foils for the Chaotix sounds fun, even if the current status quo at Sega wouldn't allow that. Hopefully at some point said status quo will change...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 6:01 AM, Lorekitten said:

I definitely want to see Bean and Bark brought back. I loved them in the Archie comics and with Fang returning in Sonic Superstars, there's really no excuse not to use Bean and Bark again. And putting them in the 'modern era' and having them as foils for the Chaotix sounds fun, even if the current status quo at Sega wouldn't allow that. Hopefully at some point said status quo will change...

But to be fair the Babylon Rogues are already kind of their foil.

On topic however, maybe they could try Snively again as the main villain of a game? 

14 minutes ago, Multikaris said:

On topic however, maybe they could try Snively again as the main villain of a game? 

I think that for Snively to work as a main villain, they'd first have to re-establish him into the lore as Robotnik/Eggman's lackey, and then build on his character up to the point where he finally seizes his chance to take the reins. Anything else wouldn't really do him justice.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest there are two villains I would like to see mephlies and the titans honestly the titans were really cool especially the final boss of the final horizon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Fang/Nack not be restricted to Classic titles, I think he has a lot of potential and he's become a favourite of mine recently. I would also, maybe, like to see Neo Metal Sonic, as he's probably my favourite take on the character, besides the fact you don't get to fight him, I think you should've fought Neo first, then as a last resort he becomes Metal Madness/Overlord.

• Fist Bump 1

I personally would love to see the Battle Kukku Army return, possibly in a potential sequel to Tails Adventure, or a Tails spin-off.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Babylon Rouges.

(if they can get Jet a decent voice actor. He was cringe in Free Riders)

I think there is a ton of potential in adding them to the villain roster for another game. They may not collectively add up to enough to be considered the "main threat" but their role as general pests could be more than enough to have them carve out a nice spot over the course of a long story.

In a potential game like Frontiers 2, I think it would be important to change up the interaction with the Chaos Emeralds. Having the Rouges intercept and heist them from under your nose, would add much needed diversity to the wash/rinse/repeat formula the game can fall into.

I'd also like to see The End again. I don't think you can punch death in the face and just have it die. Thematically, it was shockingly deep. It puppeteer-ed the husk of the previous generations greatest hero to combat the champions of the present. I'd love to see what it would do next, now that it found someone who could stand up to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/14/2023 at 7:25 PM, Iko said:

Besides Fang the Sniper Hunter (in a modern game possibly), Infinite.

In order to use the Phantom Ruby, Infinite needed a lot of energy, provided by Eggman. I would like to see a return of Infinite where he's not working for Eggman anymore, he actually wants revenge on him, and because of this he doesn't have access to Eggman's power sources, so he has to find other ways to absorb energy for the Phantom Ruby. I'd also like to see him back to his work as a mercenary, but not for Eggman this time.

I would like another "triple trouble" situation with different factions of villains causing problems to Sonic and to each other as well, Infinite being one of those factions.

Tbh, an ally turning on Eggman is so overdone. I thought Infinite was refreshing in that he remained loyal to him to the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Witchcart and that odd furry gang from Tails Sky Patrol. We need more anthro villains.

I didn't care much for Infinite, but that's mostly because how the writing turned out. Still thought his voice (English and Japanese) were great, and as someone pointed out earlier, he has promise as a villain, even as a returning unhinged psycho desperate for new power.

It'd be interesting to see how emeralds or even if Time Stones respond to one's will in the series if it's strong enough. Something I kinda wanted to see, even if they could use just 1 emerald to cause some serious damage. Especially from those who envy or hate Sonic and his friends. Still thinking about that "Super Phantom Eggman" artwork.

Edited by RadicalLaRuby
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think Mephlies should be the recurring villain to be revived and come back. Just repurpose him. The Iblis/Solaris merging needs to remove off his goals. Also, remove the time abilities as well, as that was hinted that he was reborn as the Time Eater for Sonic Generations.

Edited by StreetSonic2022
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Tbh, an ally turning on Eggman is so overdone. I thought Infinite was refreshing in that he remained loyal to him to the end.

All the more reason to make him switch sides IMO. Most villains that turn on Eggman planned to do so from the beginning for an advantage. In Infinite's case, though, he would do it because he was initially blindly loyal, but in return got screwed over by Eggman. In the time that he worked for the Empire, Infinite lost his squad and his pride - arguably the two things that mattered to him most - just for the Doctor to throw him away like he was nothing, despite those sacrifices he made. He'd probably be pretty pissed off after that.

I personally want to some IDW villains find their way into the games. Mimic, Surge and Kit, maybe Rough and Tumble, but ESPECIALLY Starline. Starline provides a new perspective to the franchise, as a villain who used to idolize Eggman, but now desires to surpass him. I know he was “killed off” a while back, but as is the rule with comics and video games, if there isn’t a body, then they could easily come back.

• Fist Bump 2