Awoo.

SONIC IGNITED - A Sonic Fan Manga (Work in Progress)

JERNiX

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the forums. I just wanted to share that I am currently working on a Sonic the hedgehog fan manga.

Untitled327_20231006142807.thumb.png.979875cec3fe8ffeae070ef9dce58dd7.png

Sonic Ignited is an upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Manga that you can read very soon in a specific Facebook Page and Tapas.

Plot Synopsis:

Sonic and his friends are out to witness a sighting of a colorful shooting star that will pass by Earth and is said to make your wish come true. However, the gang soon discovered that the star was heading towards their planet, and upon heading straight to it, the star splits into six pieces and gets scattered all across their world. Sonic and his friends must go on a world-wide adventure to gather the pieces of the mysterious Prismatic Star and find out its secrets before it falls into the hands of a new threat. During their journey, they will meet a new ally named "Amai", a young human girl who has a different yet familiar look, speed, and attitude of a certain blue hedgehog, as she discovers what it means to be a hero like Sonic.

Untitled328_20231024151138.thumb.png.c7f2331213cdaf545979324f18e386a4.png

The first teaser poster for Sonic Ignited

QnA:
Why a fan manga?
- I chose to do it in the style of a manga because I've been reading manga for years and I think making it a manga would be a bit easier, since I don't have to think about coloring much. I've also had experience of drawing comics, but I'm not that much of a professional about it. Back when I was in elementary, I used to do comics retelling the story of the Adventure games as well as 06. Plus, I don't think Sonic has had a fan manga yet, so this should be quite an experience and challenge for me.

Who's the blonde girl? Why a human character?
- Her name is Amai and she is my very first Sonic OC (Nup, I'm not joking about that) and she will have a big part in the story. And yes, she is a human instead of an animal. The reason why she is a human? That's because I think it will impact her character more that way, since she has no abilities whatsoever but managed to improvise with her rocket roller skates, grabbling hooks and her sunglasses that have a screen. I also wanted to make sure that her design was unique enough that she would fit in the Sonic cast. Hopefully you will enjoy her character throughout the story once it's out.

What's the Prismatic Star?
- It is a macguffin that I came up with for this story. The concept is a combination of the Paradox Prism from Sonic Prime and the Mystic Star from the fan game Sonic and the Fallen Star. (And for those who are going to ask, the Chaos Emeralds will be part of the story as well).

What's this new "threat"?
- I've also come up with new villians made specifically for this story. I'm still working on their designs but hopefully you will also enjoy their part in the story too. Eggman will still have a presence in the story, but he won't be in it that much.

Untitled378_20231113111215.thumb.png.fe6a22f5e5e2a3abeb8a52aef4f5a7fd.png

First look of the style of the fan manga featuring Sonic and my OC Amai

That's all for now. I'm still working on a few concepts, scripts and artworks before I release it. It will be released on it's own FB Page and on Tapas very soon!✨

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 2

This looks awesome!! I wish you the best of luck, and don't forget to take breaks every once and a while! :) (sorry, I'm obligated to remind everyone to do that because I've looked at a computer screen for too long before and it doesn't feel good:ded:)

I just saw your manga and I love it! Your oc is nice and will make the manga interesting! Can't wait to read it!