Awoo.

Sonic Makes a Clever Argument for Classical Cynicism is my View.

TheBreaker3321

Sonic the Hedgehog has always been a great franchise, and it has taught me a lot of philosophy regarding many aspects of not just this series, but others as well.

Sonic the Hedgehog, both as a character and an idea, makes a clever argument for classical cynicism. Cynicism had quickly become a butchered word robbed of its original meanings practically ever since its conception. Originally, cynics had no desire for money, wealth, fame, or power. The cynics back then were the most optimistic people alive; you'd like them. Sonic's modus operandi is that he is always looking for adventure. He has no time to judge others for how they live because it doesn't affect him unless you're Dr. Eggman of course. There's a joke amongst one of the most famous cynics where he said to a nobleman, I believe, that if only he had learn to eat his veggies, then he would have no need to sleep in a castle. I think that's how it went, anyway. It's in the opening lyrics of "It Doesn't Matter" that Sonic has no time to either criticize or be a people-pleaser. There is no right or wrong way; there is only your way.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheBreaker3321

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic