Awoo.

1994 Game Screenshots A Friend Sent Me

haicalpalehedgehog

My friend on Discord (they want to remain anonymous) just surprised me with a collection of images from a 1994 Sonic 3D game. Don't know if this is real or not.

sonic-1.png

sonic-2.png

• Unamused 2

8 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Come on dude, really?

That's Sonic Robo Blast 2.

I was thinking that before I saw this post.

What was the friend who sent the original poster of this topic thinking when they decided to pass these off as a 3D Sonic game from 1994?

I think OP knows what they're doing.

Gonna let this one slide though just because it's so hilariously and stupidly obvious.

• Chuckle 1

Just now, Dreadknux said:

Gonna let this one slide though just because it's so hilariously and stupidly obvious.

Yes, it is quite funny, is it not?

It was a nice try, though, but even if the OP was a non-smoker, they get no cigar. LOL

Thanks

10 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Oh. I've never played that game before. So thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, not everyone knows Sonic Robo Blast 2 and, if you're young enough, the state of gaming three decades ago becomes elusive and hard to distinguish. I'd 100% give OP the benefit of the doubt.

So @haicalpalehedgehog, if you'd like to know more, check out their website. It's a fangame from 1998 (originally) that uses the Doom engine. It's been around for a while, which is why people treat it as if it were obvious that it's not real.

You should also tell your friend there are better ways to make a screenshot look like it came from a gaming magazine.

Edited by Palas
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've played through all of Sonic Robo Blast 2, and yet in the early morning, when I saw these crusty jpeg screenshots, for just a moment I didn't realize what they were and thought this was some prototype Sonic Jam or something.

So I could see OP being a fan who just isn't that familiar with the fangame scene and being fooled, I suppose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, haicalpalehedgehog said:

Thanks

Oh. I've never played that game before. So thanks.

No problem! Sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick there, but yeah your friend was lying to you. Those are screenshots from a famous fan game. It's very good though, you should play it :)

This reminds me of my older brothers tricking me into thinking there was a secret unlockable game in my copy of sonic 3k pc collection when I was younger. They called it..."Cinos death ball" and I could only unlock it at night. This thread was a good laugh, I needed this 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by A super No.1 washedupgamer

So sorry, but that's the fangame, Sonic Robo Blast 2, using the 3D Sonic mod. Gotta say it but, "your friend lied/tricked you."