Awoo.

What were the most epic/best moments in Sonic games to you?

Shiny Gems

Well, we all know there are moments where something epic or really good happens in Sonic games, whether it be in the classic Sonic games or modern Sonic games. With that, I wish to ask you all...

What were the most epic or best moments in Sonic games for you all?

For me, one was fighting The End in Sonic Frontiers, in the final update, not the base game. It was just epic to me, and it was a great experience, especially on Hard mode. Also, seeing how Sonic ends up defeating Supreme and The End in the end of the fight was just awesome to me.

Another moment I thought was really good was in Sonic Colors, where in the second phase of the final boss battle, after landing the second to last hit, Eggman curses out Sonic, and then the Final Color Blaster can be used. When the Final Color Blaster is used, I can imagine myself saying...

"Taste the rainbow, motherfucker!"

So, what about the rest of you all? What do you see as the most epic or best moments in any Sonic game?

tumblr_n7ep3nIq3u1txquf6o1_500.gifv

I could list a few. Many of them would probably stem form Unleashed. The entire opening is just a W. The boss battle against Egg Dragon is delicious. Shoot, just the way Sonic and the other characters moved and animated in that game is just so charming and well done. Watching him Juggle the Chaos Emeralds as he exposes. The gestures he makes when he taunts Eggman. Even the Marza additional content just ooze personality on an epic level.

but if your looking for the moment at the top of the mountain. It has to be this

tumblr_mokqugUt5s1rma3z5o2_500.gif

Short. Sweet. Just the essential representation of the character. Swooping in the save the day at the 11th hour, wagging a taunting finger at what is more or less a god.

The fact that a rival company paid this much respect to him as a character is just mindblowing.

I mean. Dang. Dude swooped in and 1up'd every hero in the game. You don't get much more Epic than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, nothing will ever top the final Chaos Control Sonic and Shadow use to stop the Ark. Just the music playing, the Ark falling onto the Earth like meteor, Sonic and Shadow rising up to counter it, Shadow's fall after fulfilling his promise. Everything's perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me,  its the 5 min of so in s3&k of fighting knuckles, seeing eggman steel the master emerald, then trasporting to Sky Sanctuary and seeing the Death Egg take off.

Its old school by today's standards but back in 1994 i just remember being awed and thinking I'd never seen something this dramatic this in a sonic game before - even the transition to Death Egg Zone in Sonic 2 was tame by comparison!

• Thumbs Up 2

My favorite moment in Sonic franchise EVER is the moment from Sonic ‘06 where Mephiles makes thousands of copies of himself, still wants Shadow to join his side, but he says “I determine my own destiny. If the world chooses to become my enemy, I’ll fight as I always have!” Releases the Inhibitor Rings and makes his way through Mephiles’ clones…

And I think the final battle and cutscenes from SatBK were EPIC!

Aaand I love the cute moment from TMoSTH where the detectives find Shadow with his birthday gift for Amy, “I’m not fantastic with computers, admittedly.” (I find this funny cuz Shadow from other games is really good at mechs, so I kid that to print tickets is harder than robots and etc.)

And, of course, where Shadow says that he eats the coffee beans straight! (From Sonic Twitter Takeover, you should listen it if you haven’t yet, it’s very informative and funny:)

5 hours ago, castell-neath said:

For me,  its the 5 min of so in s3&k of fighting knuckles, seeing eggman steel the master emerald, then trasporting to Sky Sanctuary and seeing the Death Egg take off.

Its old school by today's standards but back in 1994 i just remember being awed and thinking I'd never seen something this dramatic this in a sonic game before - even the transition to Death Egg Zone in Sonic 2 was tame by comparison!

Yeah, this. Not the least because you'd spent the last, what, 20 minutes burrowing deeper and deeper underground after falling from Flying Battery. S&K is just so well directed in all aspects.

Man, there's SO many good moments to me. I think it was either the ending cutscene for Final Horizons, Secret Rings ending cutscene, SATBK Excalibur Transform, the fight with Shadow in Rise of Lyric, the iconic SA2 Super cutscene, and the OG Frontiers ending(It was climatic, don't even act like it wasn't).

If I were to choose, I'd probably choose SATBK Transform. There's my best moment(s) of my experience with Sonic.

23 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

tumblr_n7ep3nIq3u1txquf6o1_500.gifv

I could list a few. Many of them would probably stem form Unleashed. The entire opening is just a W. The boss battle against Egg Dragon is delicious. Shoot, just the way Sonic and the other characters moved and animated in that game is just so charming and well done. Watching him Juggle the Chaos Emeralds as he exposes. The gestures he makes when he taunts Eggman. Even the Marza additional content just ooze personality on an epic level.

but if your looking for the moment at the top of the mountain. It has to be this

Short. Sweet. Just the essential representation of the character. Swooping in the save the day at the 11th hour, wagging a taunting finger at what is more or less a god.

The fact that a rival company paid this much respect to him as a character is just mindblowing.

I mean. Dang. Dude swooped in and 1up'd every hero in the game. You don't get much more Epic than that.

In the case of Brawl, even though it was just a trailer for the game, I loved the part in Sonic’s trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl where he runs over Mario. That, to me, was a great moment.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:04 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Yessss definitely this! Confident. Just a guy who likes adventure!

So many other epic moments! One that hasn't been mentioned is the true ending to Shadow the Hedgehog for me. That cutscene where Dr. Gerald explains everything to Shadow... you can't help but just feel all the emotions he's going through and then be so happy that he finally has true answers. Also waiting 10 minutes while fighting Devil Doom to hear Eggman confirm that he's the real deal is amazing to witness.

The beginning Unleashed cutscene and the final SATSR and BK cutscenes are also up there! Love the serious tone you feel from Sonic and really makes his true colors shine. And while this one is most likely more just because of nostalgia, the Sonic Riders intro scene. Certainly not epic but one of the best moments showing his "always help and do the right thing" mentality we all know and love. Riders was my first Sonic game, and seeing Sonic help out Tails towards the end always give me a good feeling. Sonic always shows his loving true colors, and those make the best moments.

• Thumbs Up 1