Awoo.

Infinite Super Sonic/Form glitch found in Sonic Superstars

Ryannumber1gamer

If you’ve been wanting to finish up some of the optional stuff in Sonic Superstars, or even try to make some of the additional story content easier, you may want to strike now while the iron is hot. A infinite super form glitch has been found within the game that can be used anywhere as soon as you’ve gathered all Chaos Emeralds, including even the final bosses such as Egg Samurai. 

In particular, it’s a godsend for getting the golden animal collectibles, as you must complete a level without dying after you collect it in order for it to register, a feat that is much more difficult later in the game. 

Generally speaking, I would assume this glitch can be done by every character, although I’ve only personally had luck with Super Sonic, but it will likely be easier as Sonic and Trip, primarily because you will have a easier visual indicator for when to perform the glitch (Specifically, when their form changes).Again, take with a grain of salt as I only personally managed to perform it with Super Sonic.

The glitch in of itself is quite simple. All you need to do is gather the seven Chaos Emeralds (Meaning the earliest you can perform the glitch is Press Factory), and unlock the super transformation. Then in any level, gather 50 rings. The most important thing here is you want to ensure you jump before you hit the transformation button, as it won’t work while grounded.

So while in the air, you want to then hit the transformation button (In the case of the console I tested on - the square button), and you want to wait until the very second you see Super Sonic appear. As soon as he does so, then hit the trigger buttons (L1 and R1 in my case) to cancel the transformation. 

If done correctly, Sonic will briefly snap back to normal, before dropping to the ground and immediately turning Super again. You’ll also hear the super form music playing, but your rings won’t deplete.

What I recommend for a first timer is go to a earlier stage and gather a surplus of rings before trying this out on later stages, this is so you can test out and get a feeling for the timing of the glitch. It’s generally pretty generous, but in later fights such as Egg Samurai, the boss wastes no time in attacking, so you want to be able to transform in one smooth motion, more or less to minimise the risk of taking damage.

Anyways, have fun with it! Should be good for all of Sonic’s campaign and most of Trip’s, assuming the glitch works for everyone and not just Sonic. Hard to tell how useful Dragon Trip would be against Nack’s mech given the instant kill attacks, but it works wonders against Egg Samurai. Unfortunately it will not work on the true final boss, so that will still have to be done legit.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• The title was changed to Infinite Super Sonic/Form glitch found in Sonic Superstars

Thanks for sharing this been using this glitch In some certain bosses like you mentioned above and a life saver as well If you are having a hard time with the bosses.

Just to clear up two things, this works with all 5 playable characters, and you don't need to be in mid-air for this to work. Tested on the PS5 version.

Just did it! Also noteworthy: you have to immediately release the cancel buttons after you cancel it for it to work. If you keep them pressed down, it doesn't work. Like you just have to tap them.

Edited by Palas