Awoo.

[SAGE VIDEOS] Let's Play SAGExpo games!

DJ EAR

It's been 2 years since my previous SAGE videos! Wow!  I've been checking out a few demos already and I'm really excited for more!

I'll be uploading once a day for the next week or so - but for now, here's my first episode of SAGE 2023 videos!

-

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJ EAR

• Scritch the Cat

I played Sonic Encore 2 years ago and had some difficulty wrapping my brain around it's high-speed mechanics.
Holy COW did they wrap this one up with a bow! So much fun!!

Today's entry is from a developer that overhauled their game in just 2 weeks!
I want to see this at SAGE 2024 bigger and better than ever!

Sonic Outbound is HARD... or, I'm not as great of a blue blur as I thought I was.
Checkout this interesting title full of cool stage gimmicks and brutal boss encounters!

@LakeFeperdknocks today's episode out of the park with an OUTSTANDING title I'm itching for a full release!
I'll be revisiting this one more than once just to see everything that's on offer!

I first played Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit 2 years ago.  It was the coolest thing ever, legit.  Well 2 years LATER - I'm back to take in the full experience of this completed and INCREDIBLE fangame by @Noah Copeland<3

On 9/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, DJ EAR said:

Today's entry is from a developer that overhauled their game in just 2 weeks!
I want to see this at SAGE 2024 bigger and better than ever!

Yikes, that game is so WIP that you could probably hit a horse with it to make the horse gallop.  Undoubtedly almost all games are like that at some point in their development but for the developers to show off something that so far doesn't look like any more than a much earlier version of fangames people have already seen...well, it's audacious, to say the least.  I don't oppose them but if they really want "support", they'd do well to familiarize themselves with the concept of "vertical slices".

I continue my playthru of Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit today.  Have I mentioned how much I love this game?! Check it out!

On 9/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, Scritch the Cat said:

Yikes, that game is so WIP that you could probably hit a horse with it to make the horse gallop.  Undoubtedly almost all games are like that at some point in their development but for the developers to show off something that so far doesn't look like any more than a much earlier version of fangames people have already seen...well, it's audacious, to say the least.  I don't oppose them but if they really want "support", they'd do well to familiarize themselves with the concept of "vertical slices".

It's not uncommon for Engines and bare-bones demos to arrive at SAGE, and this is clearly still in it's development on it's way from "test map" to something more... and it's not the only release this year in a similar state.

However - I still had a lot of fun playing this (It's no Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit) and I'm honestly excited to see how it grows over the next year.

Sort of an "out of the frying pan, into the fryer" moment.  This is one of the longest water levels... and it puts up a heck of a challenge!
There's not much left before the final showdown...

Happy Sunday!
It's the end of a 4-episode marathon of one of the most incredible Sonic "fan"games I've ever played!  Check the description to download and play yourself and massive ups to @Noah Copeland