Awoo.

Lenovo’s Legion Go Is a Gaming Laptop in Handheld Form

sonicclaasic

1ff65d8714a7ad5a9465928934af9445.jpg

https://gizmodo.com/lenovo-legion-go-handheld-gaming-laptop-hands-on-1850775986

Lenovo introduced its first Windows gaming handheld device today, the Legion Go. The Steam Deck-like mobile console runs standard PC games on its compact display and has a pair of Nintendo Switch-like removable controllers. It also joins a few other Legion-branded products in the fanfare as the company unveils its latest at IFA 2023 in Berlin.

The Lenovo Legion Go starts at $700. It features an 8.8-inch QHD+ PureSight gaming display with a 16:10 ratio. On Lenovo laptops, the PureSight display dynamically switches between color profiles based on the content you’re consuming, though it’s unclear if it’ll function the same way on the Legion Go.

I've been reading this today and It looks really strange and more of a Nintendo Switch. The D-Pad by looking at the picture doesn't seem to be comfortable and It looks really bulky as well. What's everyone opinion on the Legion Go?

• Thumbs Up 1

There's zero reason to buy any of these that isn't a Steam Deck. Maybe the ASUS one, but even that was rolled out hopelessly half-baked. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, it’s a start at least. The smaller and more powerful gaming computers can get, the better I say.

I was kinda hoping this might spur interest in more miniaturization. Kinda looking forward to the day I can replace my smartphone with a mini-PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I mean, it’s a start at least. The smaller and more powerful gaming computers can get, the better I say.

I was kinda hoping this might spur interest in more miniaturization. Kinda looking forward to the day I can replace my smartphone with a mini-PC.

I've been looking at these handheld Windows PC consoles for a while I'm a little Interested but I think they might be more handheld Windows PC consoles coming In the pipeline.

So I'm a Linux user and I'm already put off by the fact that it runs Windows. However, disabling vendor lock-in mode secure boot and slapping a Linux distro on there with a USB stick would turn it into an infinitely better device than the Switch. Hopefully the controllers don't drift out of control after six months of continued usage. It's absolutely never going to be better than the Steam Deck though.

As for my overall thoughts regarding these handhelds, I think that they're only good for gaming. Handheld Gaming PCs will ever replace a laptop for me due to the small screens, oftentimes bad battery life and lack of a keyboard.

Well, I would like to get something like this. However, there are some bad things about this apparently as pointed out by others.

And I already have a Steam Deck. Hey...gotta think of saving my money here.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

Well, I would like to get something like this. However, there are some bad things about this apparently as pointed out by others.

And I already have a Steam Deck. Hey...gotta think of saving my money here.

How Is the Steam Deck by the way I've been really Interested It for a while now and thinking of getting one In the near future.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sonicclaasic said:

How Is the Steam Deck by the way I've been really Interested It for a while now and thinking of getting one In the near future.

It is pretty nice. I use it for emulation, and I plan to play some games on it.

6 hours ago, ShadowXeldron said:

As for my overall thoughts regarding these handhelds, I think that they're only good for gaming. Handheld Gaming PCs will ever replace a laptop for me due to the small screens, oftentimes bad battery life and lack of a keyboard.

I don’t really see it that way. Handheld gaming PCs could function as a far more portable alternative to a laptop while the laptop could outright replace towers and consoles.

Bad battery life is one thing, but considering people are often on their smartphones at 1%, I don’t see it as something people aren’t already dealing with. And a keyboard is something you could attach as a peripheral.

And as for small screens, you could attach it to a bigger one and use it as your workstation. Heck I already do this for my own laptop, and if handheld gaming PC got any better, they’d be near all-purpose devices—gaming, streaming, movies, work, etc. 

They’d effectively replace your smartphone. Given what I’ve heard with Steamdeck, I’m surprised there aren’t more devices like this already. But with this and Asus now making theirs, that might be changing. 

Mind you, I’m being optimistic. I was expecting the last console generation to go this route only to end up completely wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1