Awoo.

Eurogamer The very strange yet promising yet too-weird world of Eternal Champions

sonicclaasic

Eternal-Champions-screenshot-1.jpg?width

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-very-strange-yet-promising-yet-too-weird-world-of-eternal-champions

I can't remember when I bought Eternal Champions, which is annoying because I always remember obscure purchases to the detriment of remembering genuinely useful things. Besides the fact it would have been a Mega Drive game I hadn't seen before, I can be fairly confident that the game cover sold it to me. I would have been about 10 at the time and my sole reference point was occasional games magazines and a lot of browsing shelves and thinking 'ooh, that looks good' in that way that only a 10-year-old can truly do in the appropriate way.

A brief Google while writing this has taught me that the wondrous cover was painted by Julie Bell, an American illustrator and fantasy artist. I love it. I love all the artwork to do with Eternal Champions. Ignore my words for a moment and look at those screenshots and the photos from the manual. Lovely character models, aren't they? They're mostly courtesy of Ernie Chan, a comic book artist, who worked on a lot of DC and Marvel comics during the 1970s.

Eternal-Champions-manual-2.jpg?width=120

Definitely worth reading this article Eternal Champions. I used to play this a lot on the Sega Mega Drive It's one of those memorable games In my childhood In the 90's era.

This game Is hard back In the day especially facing the Eternal Champion boss down below 👇

eternal_champions___eternal_champion_rem

He has many different transformations the Eternal Champion boss when you faced him. I died a lot times trying to beat this guy and the frustration as well. If you not played this game I definitely recommend checking It out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great article! Although I have mixed feelings about the first game, I thought that the Mega CD sequel was a legit good fighting game. Not including the animal joke characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, King of Fanta said:

Great article! Although I have mixed feelings about the first game, I thought that the Mega CD sequel was a legit good fighting game. Not including the animal joke characters.

Thanks for the heads up about the Sega Mega CD version I'll have to check that out.

• Fist Bump 1