Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Prologue: Convergence Comic Part 1 Released

SanPolo4389
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Read the First Chapter of the Sonic Frontiers: Convergence Comic at some point.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• Razule

• SanPolo4389

• DaBigJ

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dialogue is weirdly awkward, and I know it's a fake Eggman, but uh.. I think I might be tired of the "lol, he said the thing he said before" references now

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

Dialogue is weirdly awkward, and I know it's a fake Eggman, but uh.. I think I might be tired of the "lol, he said the thing he said before" references now

To be fair, there's a reason it's repetitive. It's pre-recorded dialogue essentially.

Really would have preferred they just combined each part of the comic prequel if we're just gonna be dripfed pages like this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Great artwork, as usual. Pretty cool the Sonic comics have such a consistent great quality to them, compared to Archie and Fleetway's occasional wacky art choices. Love it.

Other then the art, I'm utterly baffled by this comic.

So these prequels are meant to set us up for Sonic Frontiers, a game about a mystery and somberness.
So what does the prequel comic do to prepare us for this risky new take on the franchise and mentally prepare us to the right mindset?
Memes.
Of course.

Hah. Now I do hope that fake Eggman does show up in Frontiers proper, if only because how hilariously out of place having Eggman spout out meme lines is in a game that otherwise has the atmosphere of a funeral.

Man, I'm so bummed out that Frontiers has such a miserable atmosphere to begin with, I'm desperatly waiting for either the story or gameplay to make that lack of energy and excitement feel approperate so at least I understand WHY a game with gameplay focusing on freedom, wacky side activities, epic battles and a generic videogame plot has the enthusiasm of a French Art Movie about crippling despair.
This Prequel comic ain't helping.

Heh, I'm always mocking the Sonic Forces Prequel comics for being so clumsy in filling up the plotholes, but AT LEAST they represented the War theme the main game had.

But hey, the art is nice, so that's cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Art is nice, but again I am so tired of Flynn paying homage to older games by just forcing memetic lines and stilted lyrics in the balloons, yeah ok I get it, you are the writer that played the games. 

I immediately eye rolled at the meme dialogue but it was at least a little justified by being a fake dummy or whatever.

Still referencing lines like that lost it’s charm like a 5 years ago so I’m very read for it stop being a thing