Awoo.

Sega May Be Looking To Revive Altered Beast & Gunstar Heroes

sonicclaasic

altered-beast.jpg

https://twistedvoxel.com/sega-altered-beast-gunstar-heroes/

Sega may be looking to bring back the Altered Beast and Gunstar Heroes franchises, based on the latest rumor.

Speaking during the latest episode of the XboxEra Podcast, co-host Shpeshal Nick stated that Sega is looking to bring back both the Altered Beast and Gunstar Heroes franchises. Though, he added that he isn’t aware what shape or form either series will make a comeback in i.e. whether Sega will work on brand new entries or remake/remaster previous titles.

I enjoyed playing the classic Altered Beast back In the day on the Sega Mega Drive. I won't mind a remake or a remaster. And Gunstar Heroes such a classic as well. What does everyone else would you like a remake or remaster on these games?

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I hope this is true. I love gunstar heroes, the original and the gba remake. Altered beast is good to but it was always hard for me to beat.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, A super No.1 washedupgamer said:

Man, I hope this is true. I love gunstar heroes, the original and the gba remake. Altered beast is good to but it was always hard for me to beat.

I had trouble beating Altered Beast myself back In the day. I tried so many times trying to beat the game and was frustrating as well. I will admit on this part I did used the cheats at end because I wanted to see the games ending and finally wanted to beat the game as well at the end.

Again I was never great at this game myself and I will admit to that. That's why I used the cheats.

• Thumbs Up 1

They tried to revive Altered Beasts before. It was back in 2005. Games back then were going through an edgy teenage phase. If they try a new style this time, it might be received better....maybe...

For anyone curious, I'll share the box art for the 2005 version.

image.thumb.png.9e9248883ff41a1cc4682f813ac9aea1.png

It seems to be more famous for it's grotesque transformation sequences. You could probably find them on YouTube but do not do that if you are squeamish. They are pretty darn graphic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this. Wonder if it will happen, is this guy usually reliable with this stuff?

I do remember when SEGA tried to reboot a bunch of games during the PS2-360 era, from Golden Axe to Shinobi and Altered Beast as @Danj86said before. None of them were particularly good or set the world on fire, so if they’re looking to try again I hope they’re giving it some serious thought and care (might help if they get Altus or some of the RGG Studio devs on the case).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dreadknux said:

I missed this. Wonder if it will happen, is this guy usually reliable with this stuff?

I do remember when SEGA tried to reboot a bunch of games during the PS2-360 era, from Golden Axe to Shinobi and Altered Beast as @Danj86said before. None of them were particularly good or set the world on fire, so if they’re looking to try again I hope they’re giving it some serious thought and care (might help if they get Altus or some of the RGG Studio devs on the case).

Here's another source to the story If you Interested.