Awoo.

Sonic Prime Timeline Placement

juiceDpunk983

So we all know that this show is said to be canon by the people running the show, right. So, where would this fit best?

My guess is just before or straight after Colours, just because of Cubot existing. Or it could be after Forces as Sonic said to Shadow, "I know what you're capable of." This makes me think of the Infinite Squad massacre lol.

Insane idea, but it could also take place after Sonic X Metarex saga since there are no humans, although you would have to explain the difference with the Rings. Plus, you could say we didn't see the part where Shadow returned from Molly's grave.

Yes, Sonic's character seems a tad off, but it's been a bit off in the games since Colours and it's only just in Frontiers that it seems to be getting back to "normal" again. So this show is still considered to be in the timeline, in my eyes, unless Sega says otherwise.

So what does everyone think? Some people might find this pointless but eh, it's a bit of fun.

I go with simplest logic (aside for "don't give a damn" obviously). Everything is taking place in release order, until further evidence prove otherwise.

I mean that's how most things work, right? In Sonic's history there were few exceptions (Battle, Chronicles before becoming un-canon, few classic games), but most of time Release Order works just fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anytime between Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Frontiers. .. in an alternate reality where:

• everyone lives in Green Hill and it's the most important place in the universe
  • Metal Sonic was never invented
  • Sonic wasn't already the wisest person who ever lived by Sonic 1

19 hours ago, Razule said:

Anytime between Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Frontiers. .. in an alternate reality where:

• everyone lives in Green Hill and it's the most important place in the universe
  • Metal Sonic was never invented
  • Sonic wasn't already the wisest person who ever lived by Sonic 1

Almost sounds like the X timeline, Cream did say they lived in Green hill in the original version. Pretty sure Metal doesn't exist in X, plus there's no sign of humans, so could be in the 2 world's concept like X. 🤔 Perhaps my theory is correct.

Now I just need to explain Sonic's weird behaviour...

No timeline, really. It’s just another branch in the creative landscape. 

Every Sonic show is “Canon” or in tandem with something according to its own creators. The (shattered) reality is that Sonic Prime uses the game lore as a springboard for fun callbacks and references, which is neat - but this series is never realistically going to be placed between “X” and “Y” or future Sonic titles.

What I mean by that is that I find it unlikely that we’ll see Sonic Prime referenced in a future Sonic games unless they decide it’s popular enough to spin off into its own thing. And with the weird reference of Sticks in Frontiers aside, they’ve tried the multimedia approach with Sonic Boom already as a sub series which didn’t pan out.

Sonic Prime technically opens up a very cool multiverse idea, but doesn’t look to incorporate it in the way I’d hoped (so far) - but I’m still enjoying this anyway. Due to that I’m not really looking into this too deeply when it comes to lore, it’s just doing its own thing. Same can be said with certain character personalities seeming “off” compared to the games (Sonic is cited as an example) - but his character traits are deliberately exaggerated to fit the narrative of the story this series is trying to tell, and it will fare differently to the approach of Sonic in a Sonic game where you play as him as the main character.

All that being said, the point of the topic was where it could fit in the game timeline… so if I had to guess at the jumping off point from game “canon” into this show... anywhere from Sonic Colours onwards, most likely 😅

• Thumbs Up 1