Awoo.

CBR.com 10 Ways Shadow Is Different Than Sonic The Hedgehog

sonicclaasic

a-split-image-of-shadow-and-sonic-the-he

https://www.cbr.com/shadow-the-hedgehog-differences-from-sonic-video-games-lore-trivia/#shadow-uses-guns

Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the gaming industry's most famous mascots and the character and franchise's immense popularity has even extended into successful live-action feature films. The Sonic the Hedgehog series has evolved in many ways far beyond its obvious transition from 2D to 3D. An expanding cast of friends has been a Sonic staple ever since Tails' introduction in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Shadow the Hedgehog made his debut in '01's Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast and the dark hedgehog quickly became a fan-favorite. At first glance, Shadow may just look like Sonic's sinister doppelgänger but there are a plethora of nuanced differences between these two.

Good article to read about CBR 10 Ways Shadow Is Different Than Sonic The Hedgehog. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• sonicclaasic

• Ghelatlishol

• soncic

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think he would have been so much more effective as a character if they had just let him die off in Sonic Adventure 2 as was likely originally intended. Gave the story so much more emotional power, even more so than Sonic Adventure with E-102 Gamma. I mean, I was only 11 at the time, but it made me cry!

I think this article was just a desperate way to generate some ad revenue.

5 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

I think this article was just a desperate way to generate some ad revenue.

That's... how every article works? At least the "X number of things about this popular franchise"

On 7/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, Ghelatlishol said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think he would have been so much more effective as a character if they had just let him die off in Sonic Adventure 2 as was likely originally intended.

I wouldn't call that "unpopular". Everyone can see the merit of that. The question is whenever it's worth it.

You might as well ask if Archie Sonic should end in issue #50, with the death of Robotnik Prime. Or if Green Goblin should remain dead. Elektra. Jean Grey.

That's just the curse of never-ending franchises. You must pick between
A ) having a strong emotional moment and then undermining it
B ) not doing strong emotional moments at all
C ) Actually friccin' end
What about D ) doing an emotional moment and leaving it? Well, everyone agrees Gamma's death was beautiful. But no one talks about Gamma anymore. He's but a sidenote in  Sonic's long history. Resurrecting Shadow kept him relevant. Everyone must decide if it was worth it.

19 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That's... how every article works? At least the "X number of things about this popular franchise"

Yeah....

And that's probably why the content of it is laughably tragic.