Awoo.

Blaze Entertainment Reveals The Super Pocket Retro Game System

sonicclaasic

spacer.png

https://www.sknr.net/2023/07/12/blaze-entertainment-reveals-the-super-pocket-retro-game-system/

Blaze Entertainment are delighted to unveil its first products for the new HyperMegaTech brand! The Super Pocket is a brand new retro gaming handheld, featuring built-in arcade games from major gaming publishers that can fit in your pocket!

The first two Super Pocket devices coming to retailers in 2023 are the Super Pocket Capcom Edition and the Super Pocket TAITO Edition. Each console is available for £49, $59, €59 and can be pre-ordered from July 14th ahead of their release in October 2023.

Many products in the retro gaming market at this price point often include five games or less and more often include home console ports of the arcade games. Except where noted, Super Pocket brings you the actual arcade games, so you can coin up to your hearts content and beat those games that cost you all your pocket money when you first played them.

That looks really Interesting and cool as well I love retro gaming myself might get one myself.

I find it both odd and neat companies are still making these kind of items. I suppose there must be a market for them, otherwise what would be the point, right? 

They don't interest me personally as I'm not too familiar/fond of many titles by either Taito or Capcom. What I would love is something like this, but more bespoke for the customer; lets say they have a large selection of arcade titles and you could choose any 12 to go into the thing, allowing you to have 12 banger titles you know you'll enjoy for a sweet £49. I'd be down so bad for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Scott said:

I find it both odd and neat companies are still making these kind of items. I suppose there must be a market for them, otherwise what would be the point, right? 

They don't interest me personally as I'm not too familiar/fond of many titles by either Taito or Capcom. What I would love is something like this, but more bespoke for the customer; lets say they have a large selection of arcade titles and you could choose any 12 to go into the thing, allowing you to have 12 banger titles you know you'll enjoy for a sweet £49. I'd be down so bad for that.

I agree with everything you said here 👍 I would love to see a Sega Mega Drive version something similar to this which would be awesome since I am a long time Sega fan since the 90's.