Awoo.

SonicOfAmerica

I've always preferred the American version for being more atmospheric and serious. Really suits the stages better IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, SonicOfAmerica said:

I've always preferred the American version for being more atmospheric and serious. Really suits the stages better IMHO.

I preferred the Japanese version of the soundtrack of Sonic CD because that's what I grew up with when It came out over here In the UK when I played It. 

I also liked the US version of the soundtrack too 👍

the boss theme for the american version is nightmare fuel

:ohyou1:yea but no the american version is still better

The US soundtrack EXCEPT for the opening theme. I'm more of a "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior" guy.

Although I've always said this YouTube video is friggin' nice.

As an American I've been jamming to the US soundtrack much longer than the JP soundtrack, but both are great. If I'm playing for Good Futures, I play with JP for the cohesion with the Past tracks. If I'm playing just for fun, then it's the US all the way. And on PC, there's a mod that adds in King Meteor's US Past concept tracks, and that has quickly become my preferred music to play along to now.

I perfer the Japanese/European soundtrack overall. I'll admit that the US soundtrack has grown on me though.

Here's what I like more from each soundtrack:

Opening Theme - US
Palmtree Panic - JP
Collision Chaos - JP
Tidal Tempest - US
Quartz Quadrant - US
Wacky Workbench - US
Stardust Speedway - JP
Metallic Madness - JP
Special Stage - JP
Closing Theme - US

It saddens me that in Sonic Origins you can't pick the soundtrack for each level individually. It's either all stages using the US or the JP soundtrack...

Personally I find the us tracks more befitting of the zone, and the jp tracks lean to heavily into disco. But that's my opinion, not fact. (SS us good future is the best metal race track)

Definitely the JP track. The more I listen to it, the more I appreciate how complex it is and how it came to define much of what we consider Sonic-like music. This is a construction, of course, and not something Sonic CD itself established. I'm a huge fan of the good future themes in particular, but the bad future versions also go hard.

That doesn't mean I don't love the American soundtrack as well. I love what it brings out. And jut lately I've been paying a lot more attention to the Special Stage theme. Really appreciating it as of late.