Awoo.

SonicOfAmerica

Everybody talks about how great the original Japanese/European soundtrack of Sonic CD is, but I actually prefer the American soundtrack and feel like it doesn't get the praise it deserves. The bad future themes are my favorites because they're so atmospheric and fitting for the settings.

So, I've compiled all of the bad future themes from the American soundtrack, including both boss themes as well as the Game Over theme.

I do not own Sonic CD or any of its music or imagery. Sonic is owned by Sega. This compilation qualifies as Fair Use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoAkeIDDZPw

US Quartz Quadrant Bad Future holds a very special place in my heart. I also had never noticed how strong is the bass in Palmtree Panic Bad Future.

(Timestamps would make your compilation even better!)

EIDT: Has the soundtrack been remastered or edited for Origins or something? Because wow. Palmtree Panic sounds so different from what I remember.

Edited by Palas

2 hours ago, Palas said:

Has the soundtrack been remastered or edited for Origins or something? Because wow. Palmtree Panic sounds so different from what I remember.

Yes, but that's not why it sounds different to you. It's an edited version of the extended Palmtree Panic Future themes from the Sonic the Hedgehog Boom album. Here's that version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN3FX8sL0Mc

A small section of the album's Bad Future opening was latter added to the 2011 mobile release. If you're interested here's my attempt to add the album version into the game version based on how the mobile release did it:

• Thumbs Up 1