Awoo.

Sonic Central 2023 - June 23 @ 8am PT [Hype and Live Chat]

Dreadknux

central2023-img.jpeg

Surprised a topic hasn't been made about this! A new Sonic Central It's happening in... about 38 minutes time! Let's all "central"ise the live discussion as to what is being announced and shown in this topic.

While we wait for the show to start... quickfire round. What are you expecting/hoping to see?

For me, I'm certain we're going to get more Sonic Prime stuff and some extra details on Sonic Superstars. I'm also hoping they'll shadow-drop the Frontiers Birthday DLC today because, like, they're cutting it a bit fine otherwise. Perhaps a new collab with another game studio to produce a spinoff game (it's been too long since we had a Sonic Riders game, dammit...).

What do you want to see?

Uhhhhh

What do I wanna see?

Uhm...I guess a port of Sonic Generations on current consoles?

I dunno, I don't really have many Sonic wants

A good port would be nice. Ideally Unleashed, but I’d settle for Generations.

We did have Plus and Superstars this year, guess they felt it was too soon for yet another game announcement.

The music in the superstars segment was so good. I'm not worried about the OST anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a nifty Sonic Central. We already have Superstars coming later this year so I really wasn't expecting new game announcements.

They'd have had a slightly stronger showing if things like the Amy comic weren't announced early.

Biggest thing I was waiting for was Sonic Frontiers Update 2 and that looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Really excited to dig into it later today and see what else has been tweaked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow that was slightly underwhelming. Was there anything really noteworthy that people didn’t know about other than the concert cities and the 30 second prime trailer (if Brazil famously a country home to sonic fans gets dates then it will eventually come to australia if it doesn’t that’s a joke). Would have expected maybe something new for Superstars at the very least. Seems like they announced all the big things early while leaving next to nothing for this

Haha, jeez that was really light on content wasn't it? A lot of this stuff we already knew about (the collabs and the merch), I was hoping there'd be some information on Sonic Prime, Movie 3 or at least Knuckles, but we didn't really get much of any of that. Would have been a no-brainer. Frontiers DLC shadow-drop was the headline really.

Not sure if there's a point to doing these every year if this is what they're going to bring to the table. It appears to be diminishing returns every time.

I think the impact would’ve been better had they not shown us the Lego and Superstars stuff before now?

I’m honestly surprised at the frontiers update though. That was more than I expected from the initial roadmap.

Knuckles spinoff would have never shown up at the Central, it's Paramounts stuff.

I'm glad it had a trailer for Prime however, that shit looks cool, I like that there is some sort of Metal Sonic but I really dislike the face, or what they've shown at least, looks like a shitty design. Also the plot is losing its impact when Shadow already explains how to save the universe, it sounds standard plot and kind of boring, I hope the execution is entertaining at least.

7 minutes ago, Memelord2020 said:

Once again, Nintendo Direct > Sonic Central

I mean Nintendo Directs are focused on game announcements while Sonic Centrals only partially focus on them. Hardly a fair comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I expected not much shown for Sonic 3 (honestly I don’t expect anything until next year) I think at least a screen shot or two of the Knuckles show would’ve been nice, especially if it comes out this holiday 

20 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

I mean Nintendo Directs are focused on game announcements while Sonic Centrals only partially focus on them. Hardly a fair comparison.

Also, this is only one series, where Nintendo directs cover everything they publish.

• Thumbs Up 3

nice little presentation

ngl the most hype stuff for me here is the Hypland collab, but that was already announced prior lol

Glad to see they've added so many more cities and showtimes to the Sonic Symphony Tour. I'm curious if this is going to be a recurring annual thing cause that would be amazing. (Probably just reserved for the anniversary though)

The new Frontiers update looks cool too

• Thumbs Up 1