Awoo.

Why the head of Xbox isn’t worried about its future

sonicclaasic

spacer.png

https://www.polygon.com/23759314/phil-spencer-interview-starfield-game-pass

Polygon: You talk about finding new customers and differentiating Xbox. Being a part of a large company like Microsoft, you have access to many tools and capabilities that Sony or Nintendo don’t have. What are some of the ways that you are partnering with Microsoft to acquire these new users?

Phil Spencer: Yeah, the Microsoft aspect of it, there are clearly areas where it’s beneficial. One is obviously just capital, right? We’re part of a large company. It lets us do things like our Zenimax acquisition and the Minecraft acquisition back in the day. And I think that I’d be remiss to not say that that’s part of what we’re doing.

Yeah, I’d also say, we can take a longer-term view of our financials and our success. We’re about — call it 10% of Microsoft’s revenue right now. So Microsoft doesn’t sink or swim based on Xbox’s success today. So it allows us to take some longer-term views of what our success looks like. We run a profitable business inside of the company and that’s important. We do that today. We want to grow that; we continue to grow it. That’s an important part of our strategy.

But I’d say the biggest thing that Microsoft gives us is stability and a long-term perspective, more than any kind of individual technology. And that’s a pretty important component of what we are.

Polygon Interviewing Phil Spencer about why the Xbox Isn't worried about Its future. What's everyone's take on this?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sonicclaasic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic