Awoo.

Sum41 Are Disbanding

Dreadknux

SAD FACE.

I guess bands like Sum41, Blink 182 and Green Day are hugely considered to be 'old man / dad rock' these days (which, as a still-15-year-old at heart, hurts my soul man :cough:) so please humour this old Sonic fan a little bit (unless you're as old as I am, in which case mourn with me brother)... but yeah this band was one of my favourites as a teenager. I actually have fond memories listening to All Killer No Filler constantly on repeat while coding some of the early iterations of the Sonic Stadium.

I saw them perform live back in 2011 at a festival.... wish I hadn't haha! But still, no festival experience can take the studio albums away from me. Haven't been keeping up with them for a few years, but just figured they were going to be one of those bands that would carry on until they were old(er) and grey(er).

Pouring one out for my 2000-era homies and this mad old band. Gonna be giving Chuck a few listens this week now...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

Fucking hell, first Daft Punk, now Sum41. Hope this isn’t gonna become progressively a thing. Kind of a shock given just a few days ago, I heard about them selling concert tickets on the radio.

It’s interesting how these 2000s bands are handling things too given Linkin Park is also trying to mount a comeback in the future, although with the loss of their lead singer, who imo is pretty core to the identity of the band, it’s gonna be hard to see that happen. Really Hope Blink 182 isn’t gonna go the same way down the breakup route. 

Fun fact (?) since this is a Sonic forum.

Their current drummer, Frank Zummo was, before joining Sum41, drummer of Julien-K (This Machine, Waking Up), though this doesn't really add much since it seems he was neither a member during the peak of Sum41, nor during when Julien-K recorded their Sonic songs.

He joined Julien-K around 2011, might have left around 2015-16 and joined Sum41 since then. Another fun fact, during his time of Julien-K he was also part of Dead by Sunrise which means he also was part of a band with the late Chester Bennington (if they even had some activity back then).

Had the opportunity to have a small talk with him on Reddit a little over a year ago.

Can't say I had the time to check Sum41 stuff, tho.

• Nice Smile 1

That's a shame 😔 Sum41 are disbanding love there music back In my younger days back then brings so many memories and vibes as well.

I wish them all the luck 🤞 and all the best as well.

My only memory of the band was "What We're All About" being used in the soundtrack for one of the Sam Rami Spider-Man movies, still a bummer that they're breaking up.

• 2 months later...

. * Remembers the Hell Song being used in an AMV for FMA Conqueror of Shambala *

😣

But real talk, at least they intend to go out on a final tour and then part ways on presumably amicable terms.

I have absolutely no idea who these guys are, but stuff like boulevard of broken dreams is better than any stuff coming out now.