Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #62 - Official Reveal

Sonictrainer

This time, we have a Cover Reveal without any plot info.

EDIT: Got some info and more covers

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #62 Covers

Fr7cq8NX0BAzXuw?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fr9PzF4WYAAJFGV?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fr9QSPJWAAASTi7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #62 Solicitation

With Dr. Eggman and Surge subdued for now, Sonic and friends have a chance to relax, reset, and plan for the future.

Join us for a set of misadventures in our brand-new story arc, starting here in issue #62 and running full speed through #66.

First, Amy visits Knuckles on Angel Island to return a relic. The island, as always, has a few surprises in store for them as they catch up.

Meanwhile, Mimic is putting together the purrfect disguise to infiltrate the Restoration.

• Current Release Date: June 2023

• Thumbs Up 5

I hate that they just wasted as perfectly good character design on a Mimic disguise. Unless they plan on introducing the real cat later on, but from the plot summary I doubt it. The cat boy deserves to be a full character

• Thumbs Up 1

Cat dude looks pretty basic and plain to me. Which works in Mimic’s favor for disguise since it’s not really that eye-catching.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like the cat boy's design. He's a cat and looks bundled up for winter, so what if he's cryokinetic? 😛 Kidding aside, I'll be disappointed if he's nothing but a Mimic disguise and/or a random character of the day. Would love to see a cool male hero character added to the comics. It's been nothing but females so far. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I do not think the design is really anything special, so I would rather him be Mimic, even though he should have disguised himself a bit better. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I absolutely love that Marble Garden artwork for the cover, and I hope it actually shows up in the issue as a location Knuckles and Amy goof around in.

The solicit makes it pretty obvious that catboy is Mimic in disguise. 

Whether the real one is important or not remains to be seen, but Mimic is definitely using his visage to infiltrate the Restoration.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Is this finally going to be the issue that SEGA lets IDW have a usage for Sticks? I'm probably tired of the same old cast of villains popping up for the sake of the plot, Mimic, Starline or otherwise. I want fresh faces making their IDW debut for once.

11 minutes ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Is this finally going to be the issue that SEGA lets IDW have a usage for Sticks? I'm probably tired of the same old cast of villains popping up for the sake of the plot, Mimic, Starline or otherwise. I want fresh faces making their IDW debut for once.

I thought that Starline and Mimic were pretty new to the franchise.  Although, it was refreshing seeing Lanolin become apart of the cast.

I just love that first cover art reference Marble Garden Zone from Sonic 3 It brings that classic 90's vibes and memories as well. The IDW Sonic comics to me have been fantastic since It started back In April 2018. I've gotten about 162 different variant covers arts from the mini series to the anniversary and so on. This Is my first Sonic comic book and never read the other Sonic comics before.