Awoo.

Samba de Amigo: Party Central (Switch)

Indigo Rush

game-logo.webp

feature1_tablet.webp

feature6_tablet.webp

On today's episode of "what took them so long?!" Amigo is back from the dead!

Samba de Amigo Party Central is coming to the Nintendo Switch! This is a Switch game I've been wanting for a bit. The two joycons separated worked too well as stand-in maracas for them not to eventually do this, so I'm very excited to play this one. 

What are y'all's thoughts? 

• Thumbs Up 3

Unreasonably excited for this. I did wonder, why is nobody caring more about Samba de Amigo, and then it hit me. The last game on the Wii came out in like, 2008? That's a whole (nearly) fifteen years! A whole new generation of kids have been born and raised since then. 🤯

It's good to see some old Sonic Team IP resurrected, hopefully it's good. The Wii one wasn't fantastic, and Gearbox kinda did a weird port job on that one. I'm hoping this one was developed in-house at SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I missed the leak before the Direct so this put the biggest WTF smile on my face.

Definitely getting this, it'll be good to put the Joy Cons to use again after the Pro Controller made them borderline obsolete.

Give us a special edition with some crappy plastic maraca shells for the Joy Cons or a hat and I'll absolutely pay for it.

Wondering if they got rid of the hat to be more “PC”, not that I care either way as I quite like the new design I’m just wondering the reason since it was such a striking part of the original character design. Either way I might check it out, not a day one but or anything but it’s on my radar, I’m happy for the fans more then anything 

I’ve never played a Samba game before, but I’m still pretty damn excited for this. Heard a lot of Samba’s soundtrack over the years, especially thanks to the All-Stars racing games, and what I’ve heard are certified bangers. 

Really hope this is a returning song: 

I will miss the hat if it's not an unlockable or something in the game

silly, but

I really like the sombrero

I'm ready! I may get my brother to play a game with me again because of this. We both have nostalgia for the Wii game. Which we got for Christmas because I asked for it because he was in All-Stars Racing.

See SEGA? The promotion of your other series does work. Bring them back for the next All-Stars.

I wonder if they're gonna include Amigo's classic look later as DLC. Not ideal, but I only say this because Sega did the same thing with Aiai's classic look in Banana Mania.

Even unlockable or as a free update, it's really the perfect way to merge old and new. I also want SEGA crossover stuff in it, I remember the Wii one had some, it looks like a fun little game which I will definitely buy.

I just want at least one music track from Rhythm Thief. Just to tell me it's alive in some capacity.